Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Certificate of applicatio (EEA2) - How long does it take?

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by danipinha, Apr 16, 2012.

1. danipinha

danipinha New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Brazilian (BR)
    Languages:
    English, Portuguese
    Hi,

I sent my Application to Residence Card (EEA2) in March, 26 and until now I do note receive any confirmation if UK Border. I just have the delivery confirmation of Royal Mail.

How long does it takes to receive the Certification of Application?

Thank you ! :)

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    The FAQ section has information on visas including the EEA2.

I believe they ultimately need to reply within 6 months from the time they receive the application, but the COA should arrive much quicker, it seems most people receive it in about a month.

Anyone sent an application recently? Have you received your permit etc?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. polskasweetie

polskasweetie Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    English, Tagalog, bit of Polish
    Home Office will process your application and give you the COA on or before the 6 month period, as this is clearly outlined in the EU Directive.

In my past experience since coming here in 2005, it has been longer before but recent applications have taken on average about 3 months. Assuming all your paperwork with the application is correct and complete, then you shouldn't have to worry about anything, but I do agree the waiting can be a pain. :)

4. danipinha

danipinha New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Brazilian (BR)
    Languages:
    English, Portuguese
    Thanks texcourgan, thanks polskaweetie !

My Family Permit will expire in june, certanly before the end of the residence card process. So, what should I do? Ask my passport back, go to Brazil and ask a new Family Permit, come back and start everything again ? Or they will consider that my passport were at UKBA and don´t consider me overstayed?