Forum Belgium

Forum of expats in Belgium: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Belgian Residence Permit for people with independent means.

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Tax&Residency, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Tax&Residency

Tax&Residency Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English
    I have independent means of income in excess of 5000 euros a month, easy to Prove and more than enough resources to be able to live anywhere. I want to move to belgium now and wanted to know how easy it is to get the residence permit as non EU citizen having independent means. I had a similar residence visa for france and that was easy to get, took just 3 days in all and pretty standard procedure - providing proof of funds and resources, showing an apartment rental lease and even a short term lease worked for thr purpose of getting the initial long stay visa, had to also get a police clearance report and proof of private health insurance. How long does the process take in Belgium and is it easier or more difficult than france? I would like to move to Bruxelles soon.

Merci.

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hi,

Eventually you made your mind?

Residence visas for non EU and non EEA nationals are restricted to purposes such as study, work (proof of employment or self-employment) and family reunification.

Non EU-nationals are obliged to register with their local municipality within eight days of their arrival in Belgium (even if they’re living in temporary accommodation). You will then receive a Certificate of Enrolment in Registry of Foreigners (Certification d'Inscription dans le Registre des Etrangers/Bewijs van Inschrijving in het Vreemdelingen Register), which is renewable annually, Within two weeks of moving to a permanent residence, you will have to apply for a foreigner identity card and to be officially registered in the foreign population register.

More information with: https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Pages/home.aspx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...