Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Aussie Boy Dutch Girl Marriage help

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by phaedrus, Oct 2, 2007.

1. phaedrus

phaedrus New Member

Hej, I am an Australian and have met a Dutch citizen and we want to get married. I will return there (holland) soon but do:

1. I need a visa for this marriage to eventuate?? can I work there once married (or Beforehand?) i've found info stating I need a visa (even if it is a Tourist Visa) but Australians dont seem to need one??@#*!

2. and can I work elsewhere in the E.U, it seems my Dutch wife would have to live in that state in order for me to work there; is that the case?

3. Is there a period of relationship apparent., we only met this year and I have'nt spent much time there.

4. Does anyone know what sort of income she the Dutch and (or both) myself need to provide evidence of ?

2. Prawo

Prawo Active Member

Normally one would need an entry clearance, which is called MVV. However, six nationalities are exempted from this obligation, including Australians. So congratulations on this one.
    You can only work after you receive the residence permit, which can take op to six months.
    To get this rp, all other requirements remain. For instance, your wife has to earn about € 1.500 a month nett. For more details, look here.

This is only possible if your wife moves to that member state and you join her there.

The requirement is you start living together and keep doing so at least 3 years. After that you are free to go.

She needs almost € 1.500 nett a month, including holiday allowance.

3. phaedrus

phaedrus New Member

thank you very much, you've been most helpful.