Forum Moving Back / Repatriation

Forum of expats Moving Back / Repatriation: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN ASSEDIC and Cross-border worker status

Discussion in 'Moving Back / Repatriation' started by JS, Oct 10, 2005.

1. JS

JS Member

After working in the Netherlands for 11 months on a temporary employment contract, I've returned to France where I live. During my employment in the Netherlands, I returned at least once a week to my residence in France.

How does the ASSEDIC (French unemployment office) decide if I am a 'cross-border worker' (travailleur frontalier) or not? As a cross-border worker, under EU Regulations my salary in the Netherlands should be used to calculate my unemployment benefit. I have a pile of train tickets between Paris and the Netherlands, is this enough?