Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Searching for an options to make things straight in Spain.

Discussion in 'Spain' started by kristine7983, Nov 20, 2012.

1. kristine7983

kristine7983 New Member

Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello, I am a Filipino married to a danish man currently living here in Spain. My husband is having an NIE and I am illegaly staying here in Spain. We got married in Denmark before my visa expired and came here in Spain, then my husband followed me here. We are palning to stay here for a while, but my husband is constantly worried about me, and he wanted to get things straight for me and for us. I don´t know if its possible for us to apply for family reunification under the ruling of EU. Is there anyone out there who might know something and can suggest for our options? Thank you very much!

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hmmm...this is a tricky one. I would point you to our visa information, like the guide to Barcelona's visa section, Guide to the EU Blue Card, or the Spanish Guide on Expat-Quotes, but I am not sure how you would approach it from being in the country illegally.

While many people report that they never have a series problem overstaying visas, the most common problem is the accompanying stress. Have you considered visiting an immigration lawyer? While of course it is an expense, it may be well worth the relief of rectifying your visa situation.

Anyone have any experience with this or advice?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...