Forum Spain

Community of expats Spain: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.
  Register  -  Login  - FAQ
  Advanced search  - Search the whole website
 User's Charter
Language:

Searching for an options to make things straight in Spain.

Forum أسبانيا, Spanien, España, Espagne, Ισπανία, スペイン, Spagna, Spanje, Hiszpania, Espanha, Испания, 西班牙, 西班牙: أسبانيا, Spanien, España, Espagne, Ισπανία, スペイン, Spagna, Spanje, Hiszpania, Espanha, Испания, 西班牙, 西班牙

Searching for an options to make things straight in Spain.

Postby kristine7983 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Hello, I am a Filipino married to a danish man currently living here in Spain. My husband is having an NIE and I am illegaly staying here in Spain. We got married in Denmark before my visa expired and came here in Spain, then my husband followed me here. We are palning to stay here for a while, but my husband is constantly worried about me, and he wanted to get things straight for me and for us. I don´t know if its possible for us to apply for family reunification under the ruling of EU. Is there anyone out there who might know something and can suggest for our options? Thank you very much!

kristine7983

Nationality: Philippines (ph)
Living in: Spain
Languages: English

Re: Searching for an options to make things straight in Spain.

Postby texkourgan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:56 am

Hmmm...this is a tricky one. I would point you to our visa information, like the guide to Barcelona's visa section, Guide to the EU Blue Card, or the Spanish Guide on Expat-Quotes, but I am not sure how you would approach it from being in the country illegally.

While many people report that they never have a series problem overstaying visas, the most common problem is the accompanying stress. Have you considered visiting an immigration lawyer? While of course it is an expense, it may be well worth the relief of rectifying your visa situation.

Anyone have any experience with this or advice?
texkourgan

Back in Berlin!

City: Berlin
Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Germany
Languages: English, a little Deutsch

Return to Spain