Forum London


Forum of expats in London: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

  Search the whole website

  User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN London: References for Accomodation

Discussion in 'London' started by y2k, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. y2k

    y2k New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2005
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi All,

    I'm moving to London in January and will be studying for the first 3 months. up until now I've never rented accomodation before. I have 2 questions, firstly, will the landlord be looking for references from previous landlords, or will he be satisfied if I just have financial references from my bank plus maybe a personal refernece from work or something?

    Second question, because I won't be working immediately, will they be a little hasty about offering me a room when I won't be working - I'll be living off a combination of my savings and a loan while I'm studying. But will that satisfy them? I could show them bank balances if necessary, but I'd rather not go showing my financial affairs to total strangers.

    thanks in advance

    [%sig%]

    Post Edited (16-12-2003 23:52)
     
  2. EasyExpat

    EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2003
    Messages:
    8,583
    Likes Received:
    22
    City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    No, bank references and work are fine.
    At the begining the easiest is to choose a flat sharing. You won't need such references and then after a while when you are sorted out you can move to your own flat (very expensive in London!).

    [%sig%]
     
  3. y2k

    y2k New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2005
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    thanks for your reply cyril. Beleive me, I have no intention of moving into my own flat for quiet some time !!

    thanks again
     
Loading...
Similar Threads Forum Date
✎ EN US Embassy in London Passport Interview Question London Jan 26, 2023
⌸ EN Magazine Full update on the guide for expatriates in London (and England) London Oct 20, 2021
⚑ EN Announcement EasyExpat.com is looking for networkers/helpers for our Community in London London Dec 3, 2020
✎ EN Driving in London is becoming too expensive London Oct 28, 2020
☛ EN Advice What to do on holiday in London? London Sep 26, 2018

Share This Page