Forum Immigration Poland - Polska


Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

  Search the whole website

  User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN How to add extra surname to kids surname/

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by elwirak2, Jun 9, 2012.

  1. elwirak2

    elwirak2 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    english
    Hi all.
    I want to add my surname to my kids surnames. Im not married and dont leave with my ex partner. my kids have his surname but I do want them to have mine one too(double)'
    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF POLISH EMBASSY GOT A PROBLEM WITH IT/
    :rolleyes:
     
  2. elwirak2

    elwirak2 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    english
    forgot to add that Im polish, ex is German.
     
  3. texkourgan

    texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    Messages:
    7,051
    Likes Received:
    17
    Gender:
    Female
    City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    So - to clarify - you want to legally change their name? Are they polish citizens or...? You should be able to contact the embassy they are citizens of and find out.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. elwirak2

    elwirak2 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    english
    Hi thank for your post.
    I dont want to change his name just add my surname. FOR EXAMPLE HIS FULL NAME IS
    NAME IS THOMAS green AND I WOULD LIKE TO ADD MY SURNAME WHICH IS blue FOR EXAMPLE
    So he would be called THOMAS green blue.
    I found a phone number to polish embessy and will give them a call tomorrow.
    Thank you for your suggestions.
     
  5. texkourgan

    texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    Messages:
    7,051
    Likes Received:
    17
    Gender:
    Female
    City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    I understand you are just adding another surname, but I believe that would constitute changing his name. Let us know what you find out. Good luck!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page