Forum Italy


Forum of expats in Italy: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

  Search the whole website

  User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Any jazz musicians in Italy?

Discussion in 'Italy' started by ksjazzguitar, Jul 29, 2011.

  1. ksjazzguitar

    ksjazzguitar New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Gender:
    Male
    City:
    San Francisco
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English and a little Spanish and French
    I am an American jazz guitarist and I may be moving to Rome in the near future. I would love to talk with anyone with experience playing jazz in Rome or any other Italian city. What is the scene like? How much do gigs pay? How much do lessons pay?

    Thanks,
    Kevin
     
  2. texkourgan

    texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    Messages:
    7,051
    Likes Received:
    17
    Gender:
    Female
    City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ksjazzguitar

    ksjazzguitar New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Gender:
    Male
    City:
    San Francisco
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English and a little Spanish and French
    Yes, that's good advice. Unfortunately, clubs (at least here in the States) are fairly tight lipped about things like that - they don't want to give out too much info so they can negotiate better. Perhaps I can pretend to be a grad student doing research on different musician pay rates in different cities - maybe then I can get an honest answer.

    Regards,
    Kevin
     

Share This Page