Forum Paris


Forum of expats in Paris: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

  Search the whole website

  User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Teaching in Paris

Discussion in 'Paris' started by angiebb, Dec 21, 2007.

  1. angiebb

    angiebb New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    City:
    Paris
    Hi Everyone, Im moving to Paris very shortly with my boyfriend who was transferred. I dont speak any French. I am currently a Science Teacher in Australia. Does anyone have any experience with teaching in Paris? Is it impossible for me to find work because I dont speak French? Any helpful hints for me?
    Much appreciated. Thanks.
     
  2. echhho

    echhho New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi!
    I guess you won't be able to teach sciences until you've become fluent in French. But I think you will probably be able to reach English, more likely in the private schools specialised in language learning. I'm French so I don't have the skills but I have an israelian frind, who stayed 9 years in England. She studied Art but now she is teaching English in schools like "Wall street Institute" and so on... You could also check the international diploms, maybe some are looking for this specific "English speaker teacher".
    I would anyway advice you to learn some French before coming in Paris. It will be very helpful in the streets and moreover to get some friends...
     
Loading...

Share This Page