Forum Spain


Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

  Search the whole website

  User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Living and working in Valencia

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Fredda, Nov 9, 2004.

  1. Fredda

    Fredda New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2005
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    City:
    London, England
    Hello

    I have been offered a job in Valencia which I am very interested in. My husband doesn't speak a word of Spanish and I'm worried that he won't be able to find a job (he's a Project Manager for a telecommunications company here in London).

    We have a 6 year-old daughter but I'm sure she'll be fine.

    Can anyone shed light on the market for employment for completely non Spanish speaking ex pats? If it's going to set him back and keep him house bound then I would pass on the job, however if the likelihood is that he could find a job then I think we'd job on the opportunity.

    Thanks for any advice you can offer.

    [%sig%]
     
  2. hogan

    hogan New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2005
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Fredda
    I have been living near Valencia for 3 years and the likelihood of finding employment for a non spanish speaker is almost nill,unless you are living near Javea,Denia,etc where you could possibly find a job in a bar or cafe.Your daughter will have no problems intigrating i suggest that she goes to a spanish school it will be hard at first but within a few months she will be speaking Spanish and Valeciano.Hope all goes well in your future plans.
     
  3. EasyExpat

    EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2003
    Messages:
    8,583
    Likes Received:
    22
    City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    You've got an answer here.
     
Loading...
Similar Threads Forum Date
✎ EN Living in Spain on a British Spouses VIsa Spain Jul 20, 2010
✎ EN Cost of Living Spain Jul 12, 2010
☛ EN Advice Cost of living in Spain Spain Mar 19, 2010
✎ EN German living in Spain wants to marry her nigerian boyfriend Spain Sep 13, 2007
✎ EN LIVING ILLEGALLY IN SPAIN Spain Jun 23, 2005

Share This Page