Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Polish ancestry passport for Australian Citizen

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by rach, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rach

rach New Member

Hello, Im an Australian Citizen looking to apply for a Polish ancestry passport.
    My grandmother was born in Poland Kalwaria Paclawska in 1927, she then became an Australian citizen in 1950.

When my grandmother became an Australian citizen, it is possible that she gave up her rights for Polish citizenship, If this was the case would I still be eligable to apply for Polish citizenship?

I have an original copy of her birth certificate, what other documents would I need?

If Im successful becoming a Polish citizen, being an Australian citizen as well would that make me part of the European Union with my Polish passport ?

If anyone can help me on this topic it would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers
    rach :)

2. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    There is thread about polish citizenship.I moved it there.