Forum New York City


Les forums de l'expatriation à New York City: posez vos questions et participez aux discussions d'expatriés.

  Chercher sur tout le site

  Charte utilisateur  -  Aide  -  Règlement  -  Politique de confidentialité

✎ EN New York Employment Contract - Check List

Discussion dans 'New York City' démarrée par emiwar, 31 Janvier 2010.

  1. emiwar

    emiwar New Member

    Inscrit depuis le :
    31 Janvier 2010
    Messages :
    1
    "J'aime" reçus :
    0
    First time poster here so am hoping I have hit the correct forum for information.

    I will be moving to New York from Europe within the next 4-6 months through the company I already work with. I am in the fortunate position to be going through the L1 visa process but am still in the negotiation part of my work contract.

    After making a move from my home country England to the Netherlands I am already painfully aware that employment contracts vary from country to country in terms of content and therefore want to be as 'info savvy' as possible during my contract set up for the USA. Would anybody be able to reply to this thread with a checklist I should expect to see stipulated in my contract? Of course salary is something I will work out but things like; should healthcare be included?
    is it covered for myself and family or is that something I should ask for?
    pension payments
    sick leave entitlement
    holiday entitlement (is there a minimum)
    expat tax reliefs
    expat conditions
    ANYTHING else that I might need to consider

    Any help would be much appreciated and any other moving to NY advice also welcome. For eg, other things I need to register/sign up for when moving to the USA.

    Thanks in advance

    Emily
     
  2. texkourgan

    texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

    Inscrit depuis le :
    29 Janvier 2008
    Messages :
    7051
    "J'aime" reçus :
    17
    Sexe :
    Féminin
    Ville:
    Berlin
    Pays:
    Allemagne
    Nationalité:
    Américain (US)
    Langues:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hi Emily!
    Hopefully contract negoitioans are going well at this point. In answer to some of your questions about what is usual for a contract-

    Health care is usually provided for, but costs may be deducted from your paycheck. Family members can usually be added to your plan, but at additional cost.

    Currently, there are no federal legal requirements for paid sick leave. When starting at a new company, 7 days of sick pay for the year is about average. The same is generally true for holiday. The US is sadly way behind the times on taking care of their employees with sick pay and holiday.

    This is just a bit of info on standards, hope it helps!

    ebe

    The Department of labor (http://www.dol.gov/) is the best place to go to find out standards.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Cliquer pour déplier...
Chargement...
Sujets similaires Forum Date
⚑ EN Announcement EasyExpat.com is looking for networkers/helpers for our Community in New York City New York City 3 Décembre 2020
⚑ FR Annonce EasyExpat.com recherche des animateurs pour notre communauté à New York New York City 3 Décembre 2020
☛ EN Advice Weekend in New York City: what to do? New York City 26 Septembre 2018
☛ FR Conseils Que faire le week-end à New York ? New York City 26 Septembre 2018
☛ EN Advice Activities in New York City during the school holidays New York City 26 Septembre 2018

Partager cette page