Forum Costa Rica

Forum of expats in Costa Rica: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice New Members in Costa Rica: Welcome!

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by texkourgan, Jul 15, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com -

This topic is specifically dedicated to new comers in Costa Rica. We invite you to introduce yourself here!

Why have you come here? Is it for internship? Studies? A job? Or simply in order to discover new lands?

If you have already secured a job, how did you find it? How long do you think you will stay in Costa Rica?

How was your move? What happened for your first steps here? What was the easiest thing / the most difficult to adapt to?

We are also in the process of creating a new expat guide for Costa Rica. What kind of information do you want to see?

Thanks in advance for your answers and here’s to a good discussion!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. crushn

crushn New Member

City:
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    english
    Wow - boasting over 100K members but no one has posted anything since July 2013? My wife and I have 2 1/2 years to retire. We won't do full time living in Costa Rica but would like to spend maybe 2 or 3 visits of about a month each. So we have decided not to buy property but rather rent.

In between our visits we will have a Class A motor home and tour the US going to places we've never seen. The rest of the time will be spent visiting family and friends from California to North Carolina. We do not intend on sitting on a porch in rocking chairs and watch our lives go by.

Anyone else living like this or would like to? Just wanting some thought. We have looked at Belize and also Panama. Not settled for any location, just want to keep moving and enjoying.

Cary and Janet

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello and welcome on EasyExpat.com

WOW as you posted on Xmas day, I think we missed it ;-)
    Are you planning to settle in any particular country at the end or only to tour Panama, Belize or Costa Rica ad living in the motor home?

What is your connection to Costa Rica currently?
    See you soon back on EasyExpat.com and share your experience, so we can build a more vibrant community :thumbup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. karina5253

karina5253 New Member

Living In:
    Costa Rica
    Nationality:
    Costan Rican (CR)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish, Italian
    Good Day,

I'm barely new to this site and so thrilled to be part of it. I was actually born in Costa Rica however raised my entire life in the US. I have been down here for 7 years now with my two amazing children and we love it. I have a wide range of the local laws and network with Real Estate. As well as bilingual schools and homeschooling as well.

Hope we can get more people to join us and be able to help them in any transition.

5. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com, Karina.

We have opened a series of discussions to help expats in their move and first steps in Costa Rica. It would be great if you can participate to those topics and provide some info.
    You will find most of the discussions marked with a [​IMG] in the Costa Rica forum. For example:
    :arrow: Childcare in Costa Rica
    :arrow: Planning Your Move to Costa Rica
    :arrow: Going Out and Meeting People in Costa Rica
    :arrow: Healthcare: Medical Treatment in Costa Rica
    :arrow: Shopping in Costa Rica
    :arrow: Flat or House: How to Rent in Costa Rica
    :arrow: etc.

Last but not least, in case you have more time (not always easy with 2 kids) you might want to take on our job offer here: http://www.easyexpat.com/en/job-offers/ ... _a8697.htm

See you soon on the forums :wave: