Forum Barbados

Forum of expats in Barbados: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving to Barbados

Discussion in 'Barbados' started by Skaville, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Skaville

Skaville New Member

I am very interested in relocating to Barbados, after been a frequent visitor I like the standard & way of life.

Anyone any advice or experience?

2. pickle80

pickle80 New Member

City:
    uk
    Hi

Just found this site. And was wondering if you had any replys to your email that you posted. We are looking to move next year to Barbados, and was wondering if you had got any information on it at all, with regards to propeerty etc. We live in the UK, si it would be a hugh change for us.

Hope you don't mind me emailing you. Regards Mandy.

[%sig%]

3. Skaville

Skaville New Member

Hi Mandy,

The following link will be of some help <http://www.barbadosbusiness.gov.bb/miib/Legislation/Acts/investment_acts.cfm>
    It has dowloadable versions of all imigration documnetation etc.

Property prices on the internet seem to be high e.g. beach front holiday accomodation.

I have found the local newspaper, The Daily Nation, have cheaper property ; £60,000 for a three bedroom 2 bathroom villa. However I have not located a copies in the U.K. yet ( The website does not list advertisments )

If you have any luck please keep me informed

Regards

Simon

[%sig%]

4. Nikki Henry

Nikki Henry New Member

City:
    Manchester
    Hi,

I am looking to relocate to Barbados next year, initially for a couple of years.

I work as a corporate finance director and would like to maintain a similiar role. Does anyone know where I can find information on the best companies and also information on the requirements of re-locating.

Thankyou all

[%sig%]

5. shil1625

shil1625 New Member

Healthcare opportunities in Barbados?

Dear All,
    Its nice to read all your messages and to see how many people share a passion for Barbados and wish to relocate there.

I would like to spend a few months in Barbados from next April. I have a background in Psychology and wish to become a Clinical Psychologist. In order to do so, I need some kind of clincial work experience, preferably paid, but I would not object to voluntary work either.

I was wondering whether anyone knew any avenues to get into hospital work in Barbados - either research, administrative or clinical. I would like to work in healthcare in general. For example, I would vey much like to work in a childrens' home, or do some kind of social or research projects. Im just not sure what's available or who to contact and would vbe very greatful for any of your helps, comments or suggestions.

I look forward to hearing from you, and wish you all the best for the future.

Esther

6. zii

zii New Member

Hi everyone,

My wife is a psychologist (child and clinical) and we are possibly moving to Barbados this year. However, this maybe dependent on her getting a job there, as well as myself.

I would be very grateful if someone could give me any information about jobs or volentary work in the area?

You may contact me directly on
    junk4 AT klunky D0T co D0t uk.

z.