Forum Montreal

Forum of expats in Montreal: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Montreal Help!

Discussion in 'Montreal' started by Hannah87, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Hannah87

Hannah87 New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English (Learning French)
    Hi everyone i will be moving to montreal on my ownvia the bunac temporary work visa. im so excited i am currently leaning french. I was just wondering if any1 has done this before im just wondering what to expect i know that montreal is a beautiul city but i would realy like to meet new people as i have no contacts out there im 23 i live life to the full i love partying but also love the finer things in life like architecture, reading and long walks . I am a uk citizen and am currently learning french i work as an accounts assistant and would like to carry on this work in montreal is there a demand for this? If not i am happy to do any job as i really cant wait to go. How cold does it get out there? Do they have any sunshine throughtout the year? Any help or advice much appreciated or if you like me are moving there in the new year or new to the city and want to meet up please reply thanx :d

2. funguy

funguy Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,
    its summer here in montreal, its hot, dont even think of wearing a full hand shirt! But winters can be very gruelling, thats way...way ...later (october end..). Im on a work visa here too...im a doctor, we can yap for sometime, if you wish as soon as you land.

3. july12

july12 New Member

City:
    montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English, Francais
    Hi hannah!

Have you moved to montreal yet? I hope so because we've had a lovely summer so far! There is so many festivals around the summer, always something to do!

Anyway, i'm a french canadian living in montréal. I've just come back though from england a month ago. I went there with the same visa as you (working holiday) for a year to be with my english boyfriend. I loved it!

I'd love to show you montréal, or to help you out finding accommodations if you haven't already and maybe help you learning french, so i can practise my british english!

Hope you're having a good time!

Julie

4. rahuluniq

rahuluniq Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English,Hindi,Telugu