Forum Montreal

Forum of expats in Montreal: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Looking for friends in Montreal

Discussion in 'Montreal' started by steph74, May 2, 2004.

1. Internationalman86

Internationalman86 New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Senegalese (SN)
    Languages:
    French, English,
    Whats up guys,

I just moved to Montreal 6 weeks ago and like everybody else mentioned in this forum it is very hard to make new friends when you are not in school or working...Maybe it will change once I start working...I met alot of girls but I am looking to meet few guys to go clubbing with to meet more girls lol..I am 25 years old, was living in the US for a few years before I came here. I graduated college and I speak both French and English... So any guys that wanna go fishing for Canadian girls just hit me up...Also if you guys know any spots where they play indoor soccer during the winter please let me know.. email: internationalballer1986@yahoo.ca

Peace

2. alborz

alborz New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello everyone,

My name is Alborz, I have just moved to Montreal from Toronto a couple of weeks ago and know almost nobody in this city. I'll be starting my Master's here at McGill in few months,I moved here sooner to expand my circle of connections and learn french before getting started with school.

I am 23 years old and pretty much have no dislikes and would love to discover the city and get involved in the community, but there is no pleasure in doing it alone, so please let me know if you are interested in hanging out.

my email is alborz.borjian@gmail.com

Thank you,

Cheers

3. MiChris

MiChris New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Taiwanese (TW)
    Languages:
    English,Mandarin Chinese, Français (un peu)
    Hi everyone,

I just moved to Montreal in the early October,am 24 from Asia. Right now I have French course every morning, the other time I'd like to meet some ppl and make new friends in this city..hang out for fun/drink ..etc ! Or we can do language exchange ... I'm eager to improve my French/English communication skills, especially standard French! if you're interested in Mandarin Chinese learning, I can help you out too ! Let's drop me an email

christianjaco.fr@gmail.com

Merci beaucoup~

4. Fridaengstrom

Fridaengstrom New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Swedish (SE)
    Languages:
    Swedish, English
    Hi! My name is Frida and I'm from Sweden, I moved to Canada 7 months ago (to Banff, AB) and moved to Montreal about two months ago. But, I dont know a lot of people here and Im definitely not used to "city life", so it would be nice to find some friends to hang out with. I love being in the nature (horseback riding, hiking or just be outside!), also I do kickboxing three days/week. Like to party and hate being bored!

My email: Fridaengstrom1@hotmail.com

//Frida

5. johninmontreal

johninmontreal New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    New in town

Hi All,
    My name is John. I just moved from Toronto two weeks back. Lonely, isolated and the only thing which make me happy is my car GPS which is 100% accurate in locating places.

By the way, I m 30, Aeronautical professional. I am looking for friends to catch up and share our experiences. I lived in Dubai for 6 years, sometime in UK and US. My mail ID is paintedinmyheart@yahoo.com
    I'm looking forward hearing from you all.
    Regards
    John

6. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Welcome to EasyExpat.com.

Wahoo from Dubai to Canada it must make a bit difference, especially in term of temperature. We are freezing cold in Europe currently, but I assume for Canada it looks normal. BTW we are working on an expat guide for Toronto currently. Any tip appreciated :)

7. DjZiLliCk

DjZiLliCk New Member

City:
    Longueuil
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Mexican (MX)
    Languages:
    English (50%) Spanish
    Looking for some people to go out and enjoy Montreal city

Hi. Im looking for somepeople to meet montreal and arounds because im vsiting my brother and im gonna spend a very long vacation with him (6 months so so)
    Maybe you can think "why you dont go out a meet montreal with him" But he is married and he has a child so, he dont have enought time for me jeje
    I prefered latin people because ai have a little problem with my english and i dont speak french only i can say hello, yes, no, bye and excuse in french so i need to practtice my english and maybe learn some french. If you are patient and want to show me the city im glad to meet you you already know my conditions so i dont have matter if you dont speak spanish! ohhh sorry i forgot add that im a little shy and im 21 hehe so thats it!
    My email: djzillick@gmail.com

8. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hello DjZiLliCk and welcome to EasyExpat.com. First of all you will find plenty of information for your stay in our guide for living in Montreal.

Also you can browse our network to find expatriates living in Montreal. Enjoy and let us know how it goes in this big (cold during winter) city :)

9. DjZiLliCk

DjZiLliCk New Member

City:
    Longueuil
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Mexican (MX)
    Languages:
    English (50%) Spanish
    Hey thanks for the welcome, Its going to be nice i guess, BTW i like this site have a lot of information thanks. Hope the winter be peaceful with me

10. grubovsky

grubovsky New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Ukrainian (UA)
    Languages:
    English, Ukrainian, Russian, a bit French
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Pavlo and I'm 28 y.o. I live in Montreal since October, it is three months altogether, as I went to Ukraine for a month for Christmas holidays.

I like it here, and I'm not really lonely as I have some relatives, buddies and colleagues here, but it's far away from the amount of friends I have in my home country. There are moments when I have no one to hang out with, because people tend to be busy working or studying.

So I will be happy to meet new friends! Some of the areas I'm interested in, where we could find common ground:

1. Snowboarding - I got a board and all the equipment and going somewhere to ride about once a week
    2. Mountain bike trail riding - will be doing it when the weather gets warm
    3. Visiting gym and swimming pool at sports centre of Olimpic Stadium
    4. Would go for a beer to some bar if I had somebody to go with
    5. I enjoy going for walks
    6. I like board games and dream about finding someone to play with, I have no games here in Canada, but would by one if someone is interested in playing, my favourite ones are Agricola and Le Havre
    7. I'd be happy to learn some French, can teach some Russian in exchange
    9. I'm also looking for a travel buddy to go to some place in the Caribbean may be in April or May

I'm sure I would like any other time spending activity, as I rarely find any activity boring as long as it is in a group of friends. I'm free on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, as I work night shifts other days.

Please contact me should you need a friend in Montreal!

11. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hello Pavlo and welcome on EasyExpat.com.

With the very cold weather currently in Europe, the temperature that you are experiencing in Montreal should be quite the same as your friends in your home country :D

In order to meet people, beside the forum, you can have a look at the network of expatriates living in Montreal. You can also read and comment Canadian expat blogs.

12. realdev2000

realdev2000 New Member

City:
    Miami
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    Peruvian (PE)
    Languages:
    Spanish , English
    Hi My Name is Miguel, Im traveling to montreal on wednesday from work, will stay till saturday and wantoed to know if there is any nice places to go to live music , have some drinks, meet people maybe dance some, I speak no french so it will have to be a place where tourist go that speak english or spanish, because from what im reading in other forums , most people speak frence , im 32 years old like pop, rock , will dance salsa if I have too but is not my best choice, prefer, I consider myself a friendly person easy going. Any recomadations?

13. AlexBervaldi

AlexBervaldi New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    English, French
    Looking for a friend to visit around and have fun

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some people to visit around. I am from Italia, but came to Canada to visit my family and to have fun. I would like to go out and see what is fun to do in montreal... I also speak french and I am already getting the Quebecois accent ;)

You can send me an email if you want to hang out and have fun! Alexandrebervaldi@gmail.com

14. Christine:D

Christine:D New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    Francais, English, a bit of espanol
    My name is Christine.
    I moved to Montreal 3 months ago and I am looking to meeting new people and make new friends. I am 32, engineer, French Canadian, speak English y hablo un poco de espanol. I look forward to meet people from all over the world (and canadians!) and learn their culture, language, and plan fun activities. I like skiing/snowboarding/photography/drawing/dinning/wine tasting/etc...

If you are interested in meeting, let me know: cdegagne@videotron.ca

:)

15. PalomaDiaz

PalomaDiaz New Member

Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Spanish (ES)
    Languages:
    Español, Ingles, Frances.
    Hello everybody!

My name is Paloma, I´m and spanish 2o years old girl who is going to spend this summer in Montreal working as an Au Pair and I would like to meet some people there.

If you are interested, contact with me here.

Have a good day

Paloma!

16. KatrinaZhou

KatrinaZhou Member

Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Chinese (CN)
    Languages:
    Chinese, English, French
    Hello, Everybody

I came to live in Montreal two Months ago, left my hometown and friends and everything that's familiar to me. In this two months, I did not go anywhere, and I wish I could find friends to hang out, I'd like to build a new living circle here, have some new friends.Life seems hard when you don't have friends. :p , I don't like being lonely.. :D I'm a nice girl and easy to get along with. I listen to classical music and interested in photography. I tried to study French by myself at home or in La grande Bibliotheque, but lack of practice so it's hard to speak out.

If you are interested in making friend with me, please write to me: zhoumin.502@gmail.com