Forum Portugal

Forum of expats in Portugal: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Internship in Lisbon

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Bionda, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Bionda

Bionda New Member

City:
    Rotterdam
    Living In:
    Netherlands
    Nationality:
    Dutch (NL)
    Languages:
    Dutch, English and knowledge of Spanish, Portugues
    Dear all,

First let me introduce myself, as I am a new member to this forum; my name is Bionda, I'm 23 years old and currently living in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. I am a 3rd year student of international business at Inholland University of Applied Sciences and currently looking for an internship, in an international company, preferably in Lisbon/ Why? you might ask, and that is, I went to Lisbon a couple of years ago on holidays, and instantly fell in love with the city ( truthfully, not only the city) and I decided that I wanted to live in Lisbon.

Searching for an internship is hard, due to the economic crisis companies are downsizing and I get the feeling they'd rather have Portuguese students for their internship.

Now my question would be: does any of you know an International company in Lisbon that hires international students for their internships? If yes, would you be able and wanting to introduce me? if no, I think I have to search for another country :)

Kind regards from rainy Rotterdam,

Bionda

2. luisteves

luisteves New Member

Living In:
    Portugal
    Nationality:
    Portuguese (PT)
    Languages:
    Portuguese, English
    Hey there,

Glad you liked this. I honestly believe Portugal is still a good place to live, even with all the problems we are facing.

I would really love to have a good answer to you, but unfortunately things are pretty hard here right now: our graduate students are struggling to find a job, many are leaving the country.

Personally, I recommend you (at least in a first stage) to look out for dutch companies with activity here in Portugal. Almost everybody speaks English here, but nobody knows Dutch (this could be an advantage to you).

Cheers

3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Thanks for the information luisteves! It's great to get a perspective from a local.

I would also recommend checking out the EasyExpat guide to Lisbon and the section on internships. You may also try connecting with other expats in the area through the network or expat blogs. Best of luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...