Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN SPOUSE VISA.... how hard is it for me ???

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by ind_dude, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ind_dude

ind_dude Active Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English,Hindi,Punjabi
    Hi... cheers to this wicked website... u guys rock......!!

I am an indian ... I went to UK in 2002 on student Visa and extended Student visa until 2004. In 2004 i applied again for extension... Got refused in 2005. I applealed against decision and finally withdrew the appeal in jan/2006. I was engaged to a polish girl in UK since 2004. We didnt marry. Now, i m back in india. I applied for student visa thinking when i will go to UK, i will marry there after getting COA. but everything has gone wrong.
    Now i dont know how to get back to my GF. she can come to india to marry me. I can apply for EEA Famiyl permit....

1) HOw likely is it that i will get a EEA family permit ???

2) Is it veryyy hard for me considering the background ???

Plzz help me out..!!

2. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English

1 If all paper work in order I can not see the problem.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 8721068382

2. Your previous immigration history got no bearings.

3. ind_dude

ind_dude Active Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English,Hindi,Punjabi
    1) How much money my wife will need to show in Uk bank balance to get to have my SPOUSE VISA IN india approved ??

2) can my parents sponsor me in finances... whats the requrement in finances to get visa approved ??

4. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Did your wife apply for UK residence EEA1 ?

5. ind_dude

ind_dude Active Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English,Hindi,Punjabi
    Yes, she applied for Residence permit in january 2006 and got approved in march 2006... she has been working full time for more than one year in uk thats why she got it approved.... we are yet to marry in first week of MAY 2006 in India... so she has residence permit for herself only as a single person...

1) Does she has to apply for residence permit for both of us before marriage ??

2) Now, plzz guide me with exact financial amount that she will need to show to get my EEA family permit from india approved ??

3) if my parents sponser me showing their finaces ,, would it help ??

6. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    1.No,You will have to apply for a family permit.

2.As long as she has a job and accommodation its fine.

7. ind_dude

ind_dude Active Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English,Hindi,Punjabi
    Thank You veryyyyyy sooooo much sir..... U rockkk..!! Thanx a lottttt..!!
    Your advice is highly appreciated.

8. ind_dude

ind_dude Active Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English,Hindi,Punjabi
    Some more queries .. hope u guys would guide like always :-

My GF is coming to india to marry me in one month's time... She has already given notice of marriage to registrar in india under special marriage act...After one month, she will come and we will get married in court and then, we would like to go back to UK together..

1) What documents would be needed to assist my application of EEA Famiy permit ?? she has tenanacy agreement of flat to stay, she has residence permit for 5 years, what else ??

2) After getting married, does she need to change her name in passport to Mrs in polish embassy in India and then go back to UK or something else would have to be done ?? I mean after getting married in india with me, can she still travel on the same passport that says miss or there is some other procedure ??

3) Can we get the EEA family permit on the same day visa service by going to British embassy in india and getting interviewed or we have to apply by post ??

4) Does the british embassy in india need to interview her and could you please guide me as to what sort of questions they normally ask in such interviews ??

5) I do have previous refusals in UK visa and i think they do ask in Visa form as to what happened ?? Do i need to write in detail about everything or just the last refusal ??

Hope you guys will get back as quickly as possible..!! Your efficinecy makes this website a hit among everyone...!! thanx in advance.

9. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    1-Both passports,letter from her,marriage cerificate,accommodation details,few payslips and bank statments.
    2-NO
    3-Dont know how long it takes.
    4-Probably not.
    5-You can about your last refusal,but its not important.

10. ind_dude

ind_dude Active Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English,Hindi,Punjabi
    thanx a lot great advice...!! ur an immgration experttt..!!

11. ind_dude

ind_dude Active Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English,Hindi,Punjabi
    hey guys ..sorry too nervous so keep on asking question.. hope u dont mind...thanx for useful advices :-

I will be going to british embassy in India to get EEA family permit for uk in one month's time.. but after wedding which is in like just a month away. But i dont plan to do any gathering 'coz of personal reasons... Just want to ask
    1) Do the embassy officers ask for photographs of marriage, videos etc.. or just marriage certificate is enough as proof of marriage ??

12. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    I dont think you need to show that.

13. ind_dude

ind_dude Active Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English,Hindi,Punjabi
    thanx a lot...!!

14. ind_dude

ind_dude Active Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English,Hindi,Punjabi
    Well, thanx and sorry to interrupt you again. Actually date of putting application is coming close...Here are my queries :-

1) Do i really neeed to have an immigration expert or a good solicitor to win in this EEA family permit application ?? Are they the key to success ??

2) I read about sumone who went back to japan after staying 4 years in Uk and then refused EEA family permit saying its a marriage of convenience.. Do we need to show previous photos of our meeting in Uk as well ?? Things are getting so weird and complicated nowadays..

3) I read that the application needs to be accompanied with Certififed copy of a partner who is from UK?? where can we get this certified copy of Passport ? Where to get it certified ??

Hope u guys will reply soon..

15. seraphina

seraphina Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    A certified copy of a passport needs to be obtained via a solicitor or banker.

The general rule I've been told about is if the need for the certified documents comes from out of the UK, you'll need a solicitor. IE, applying for a visa or permit where you (the applicant) will not be in the UK when you're putting forth your application.

If you'll be in the uk at the time of the application, you can go to your significant other's bank, and request that they certify a copy.

The only difference is a Solicitor could very well cost you ~£80. So be sure to get all of your solicitor needs together so you'll only have to make the payment once!!

I would reccomend involving a solicitor. They can be extremely helpful in these sorts of situations ^_^

Also, no amount of evidence between you and your significant other is...well...insignificant. I think it'd be wise to be slightly over prepared than be missing some documents.

Bring pictures galore and phone records or emails or actual letters you've written to each other. The more evidence you provide to prove this union is genuine, the better! :)

16. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    I would disagree.Waist of money in my opinion.He is in India.Family Permit application is free.
    I followed ind_dude "story" for a while now.
    Provide this:Both passports,letter from her,marriage cerificate,accommodation details,few payslips and bank statments.
    His wife is UK resident now so I can not foresee any problems.

17. polskasweetie

polskasweetie Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    English, Tagalog, bit of Polish
    I agree with Triple H. Getting an EEA Family Permit is not that complicated, it's free, and not really a hassle, provided you submit all the documentation being asked for in the application.

Getting a solicitor (lawyer for those of you who are from outside of UK) for this sort of thing is a complete waste of time and money. If you need help in filling it out, some members here can help, as they have done this already in the past (including me).

18. seraphina

seraphina Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Lol, I understand where you're coming from. £80 doesnt seem a lot to me, but it might to others.

I also just sorta ended my time with a solicitor, and I only reccomended one because mine was extremely helpful. I guess it doesnt help that my mother-in-law was once employed by this solicitor. There are some mean ones out there, I know. And it was ignorant of me to reccomend getting a solicitor when I only knew bits and pieces of the story.

I apologize!!!

Just trying to help :)

19. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    :rolleyes:

My comment was nothing to do with the money ,rather with the need for one.

20. ind_dude

ind_dude Active Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English,Hindi,Punjabi
    Thank you so much TRIPLE-H (HHH) ....ur wicked..!! So, you mean to say i need to Provide this:Both passports,letter from her,marriage cerificate,accommodation details,few payslips and bank statments.

Thats kool... can i ask

1) we have tenant agreemtn that says flat is rentd to my spouse and it also says how much she pays.. also mentioning the address .buttttt it doesnt say how many rooms etc are there ?? is it a problem ??

2) Letter from her means she is ready to sponsor me ..right ?? or sumthing else ?? also please tell does it needs to be certified ??

3) If we want to go to british embassy in person.. in that case we dont need certified copy of passport right ??

4) If we go in person... do we still need bank statements from india from my parents who will sponsor me or just the original bank books are fine..

5) If we decide to send application by post.. in that case i have to send certifed copy of her passport right ?? a banker's approval in certifying is ok ??

I know i keep on asking questions.. but i reallly am scared after a refusal imposed on a japanese girl who also posted her application by post for eea family permit...kool.. hope u will reply thanx...

Can i just ask if we decide to move on to any other country in europe .. would i be able to apply form here ??

thanx again.. cu soon..!!