Forum Moving Back / Repatriation

Forum of expats Moving Back / Repatriation: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Have you shipped from either Greece or Spain?

Discussion in 'Moving Back / Repatriation' started by ithaca, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ithaca

ithaca New Member

Does anyone have any experience of a cheap reliable shipper in either Greece or Spain that they'd like to recommend?
    We will have a small volume of personal effects to move from a Greek island to Andalucia in Spain - all the expat sites give UK movers (who will probably work with others of course, but adding their cut!).

Any info most welcome, thank you in advance!

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
  3. ithaca

ithaca New Member

Thank you Admin!

4. henriettasinkovits

henriettasinkovits New Member

Never ever use AGS International Movers - they´ll cheat you

To everybody who plans to hire a relocation company: I had a very bad experience with French multinational company, AGS Worldwide.

I ordered a relocation from Madrid, Spain to Brussels, Belgium, I paid for that 3.600 €+ insurance in advance, which isn´t a cheap move for about 12-13 m3. The price included also to unpack all goods in destination, but it wasn´t done, because due to a delay in the transport, yhey couldn´t deliver my personal effects on time, so they just left the unpacked boxes in my new house, even if I paid for the unpacking.

Then I realized that during the transport they broke the microwave owen and a lamp, I thought the insurance will pay for that. However, since 4 months I´m waiting in vain for a reply from AGS, they just ignore me.

[*** PART REMOVED BY MOD ***]

[WE HAVE BEEN SUMMONED BY OUR REGISTRAR WITH A 48 HOUR WARNING THAT AGS WAS ASKING TO REMOVE SOME COMMENTS, FAILING TO COMPLY WOULD LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF THE DOMAIN NAME. READ BELOW FOR THEIR EMAIL]

5. TYASH

TYASH New Member

City:
    North Carolina
    I highly recommend Global International in Madrid. Contact Carolina Rivera at 34-91-662-5032 and let her know that Tylene Ashcroft referred you.

They are one of the best in the area and they have very good rates.

Tylene Ashcroft

6. henriettasinkovits

henriettasinkovits New Member

Re: Never ever use AGS International Movers - they´ll cheat

The story did not end yet, it seems the AGS Worldwide after a long discussion they agreed the reimburse the money for the damaged stuff, the amount declared for the insurance (of course is less, than the value of the stuff), but since I signed the reimbursement sheet 2 months ago, I have not received any reimbursement yet. First they told me that they did not recieved my fax, then they do not have my account and whatever other excuses in order to aviod to pay the damege they caused. The total amount is only 110 €, so again:

[WE HAVE BEEN SUMMONED BY OUR REGISTRAR WITH A 48 HOUR WARNING THAT AGS WAS ASKING TO REMOVE SOME COMMENTS, FAILING TO COMPLY WOULD LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF THE DOMAIN NAME. READ BELOW FOR THEIR EMAIL]

7. chilldoubt

chilldoubt New Member

My experience with AGS [*** PART REMOVED BY MOD ***]

In the course of my move, a useless surveyor from AGS underestimated the volume of my goods by 200%, so when the truck arrived to collect my foods there was insufficuient space and only half of my items could be collected. The packers promised me a truck would come in three hours to pick up the remainder as they had poken to AGS office- this truck did not come, and AGS office did not have apparently any record of one being booked when I called them after waiting for this lenght of time. One came the next day though 2 hours late, and only a couple of hours before I was supposed to catch my plane.

When they were to deliver the goods they told me that they wouldn't do so until I paid them an extra approx 1,400 Euros ontop of the quote they gave me because of the difference in volume

My goods were damaged in transit, and contrary to the above post, they did not refund even close to the value I listed. It took 3 compaints to even get anything back on the insurance and it was much less than the actual value.

My complaints to their office over the last 2 months have been either ignored or rudely rebuffed.

8. chilldoubt

chilldoubt New Member

Thank you, thats kind.

I should clarify though that my move involved AGS Paris (I moved from Paris to London) It is entirely possible that other AGS offices are different, however I assume that as the company is French in origin, I have been dealing with their head office.

9. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    summoned

This morning, we have been summoned by our REGISTRAR AMEN.FR, with a 48 hours notice to remove comments on the topic "Have you shipped from either Greece or Spain?". A lawyer, on behalf of AGS sent them a request to have "things" removed under the subject of insult and abuse. The provider was asked to disable the website easyexpat.com.

This afternoon, as the provider was unreachable, we contacted the Lawyer office who pointed out the message we altered the same day according to our understanding of the tempered vocabulary used. However we wonder why we were not contacted by AGS itself to discuss the matter. Neither were we informed previously of any harm nor contacted about this issue until this morning and the threat (we still do not understand as some explanations gave by ndy79 were playing down the dissatisfaction of some comments). The Contact Us box is available on every page.

Find below the email:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.