Forum Shanghai

Forum of expats in Shanghai: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Finding Accommodation in Shanghai

Discussion in 'Shanghai' started by texkourgan, Aug 28, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com!

Finding a home in Shanghai is an important first step for an expat. Where can you find listings? How can you list your home?

You can post properties to rent (as well as exchange, holiday or short-term rental), sell, share in our Shanghai classifieds. Search here and post your property now!

Thank you for sharing your tips, questions and advice!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GeorgiaBHorne

GeorgiaBHorne New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, French
    Flatshare Shanghai

Hi,

I am a British graduate moving to Shanghai September 2014- December 2014. I am looking for a room in a flatshare, preferably in a fully furnished flat near the former French quarter approx 10,000 per month. Can anyone direct me towards a good website or forum post where I can find flatmates or a room?

Thanks,

Georgia

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Reno'

Reno' New Member

City:
    Shanghai
    Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Anglais, mandarin
    Real Estate Agency in Shanghai

Hi everybody,

Every year thousand western people come to Shanghai to work, study or spend few weeks of holidays.
    All of you so has to find an apartment or a house in a district in Shanghai that suits you the best.

As I am currently working for a french real estate agency located in Shanghai I wonder on what kind of details you focus when your try to find your new apartment.

Do you take care more about the location, the price, the housing quality or some other details ?
    Each of you can answer honestly and give us any good tips to make us improve our services.

By the way, if you want some help or information about housing in Shanghai please take a look on this link:
    http://www.yogarealestateshanghai.com/fr/

YoGa Real Estate focus its services on western people settling or settled in Shanghai.

If you have any question feel also free to contact me on this phone number: 15601708393.

Thanks all and have a nice day.

Renaud

5. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello,
    I moved your message in this thread as I might give information on finding accommodation in Shanghai.
    If you can provide more information about the areas, how to rent, buy,...etc, you will find other discussions on the forum (or you can create your own one).
    Tnaks in advance :)

6. Adrian Cahill

Adrian Cahill Member

City:
    Shanghai
    Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English, Chinese
    There is also Smart Shanghai .com which most Expats use. There are massive communities here, just have to get amongst it. There are various websites but stick to Smart Shanghai or shanghaiexpat. Or ask friendly expat locals. (Or friendly Chinese Locals which there are many of)