Forum Zurich

Forum of expats in Zurich: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Expats-in-Zurich Group

Discussion in 'Zurich' started by Carmen, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Joseph

Joseph Member

Hello

I have just taken up a job here in Zurich, near central, and am looking for an appartment starting in January, I have checked out some websites such as homegate.ch where everything seems more exhorbitant than what collegues who are locals normally pay. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any free places in town? furnished/ unfurnished 1 month 1 year, sharing not sharing, not too fussy (but would rather not end up in a closet that looks like a 1970's brown airport lounge)

All help welcome and greatly appreciated.

oh and any other advice for a newbey on how to meet people when not a word of german is known (let alone swiss german)

Cheers

Joseph

2. miranda

miranda Member

City:
    dietikon
    hello,
    i have just moved to zurich and i am hoping to find a job where only english is required since I don`t know german, so if anyone can help please reply.

3. jg

jg New Member

Hi Carmen,

Great to learn about this Expats in Zurich Group! Well, I've been living in CH for almost 7 years. I hope to share some of my experiences or tricks to those who needs assistance.
    Have a good one.
    J.

[%sig%]

4. jg

jg New Member

Hi Miranda, :wave:

Have you find something yet? I knew a few job agencies are quite good with expat if you still need assistance please let me know.
    Have a good one.
    J.

[%sig%]

5. FeCaraballo

FeCaraballo New Member

Hi JG,

I will move to Zurich in January and, like Miranda, I am hoping to find a job where only English is required. Actually, I also speak Portuguese, Spanish and French, but no German at all...

Could you give me the names of the job agencies you mentioned?
    My e-mail is fernanda_feher@uol.com.br .

Thank you very much.

Fernanda

:wave:

6. raj7s

raj7s New Member

City:
    Kusnacht, ZH
    I will be moving to Kusnacht, ZH, soon and I am also looking forward to meeting some English speakers. Let get in touch.

Cheers,
    Raj

7. claretmg

claretmg New Member

Hi I have jus shifted to Zurich. Have u managed to find any Asian supermarkets? Please do let me know. Thanks.
    Cheers
    May.

8. gabrielangel3000

gabrielangel3000 New Member

City:
    zurich
    hey everyone,
    my name is gabriel, 26yr old male, and i just moved here from cali. im out here teaching dance and an in the process of figuring this place out. if anyone is in the area and would like to get to know a new face, shoot me an emai and we can talk.
    take care and happy 06

9. gabrielangel3000

gabrielangel3000 New Member

City:
    zurich
    hey everyone,
    my name is gabriel, 26yr old male, and i just moved here from cali. im out here teaching dance and an in the process of figuring this place out. if anyone is in the area and would like to get to know a new face, shoot me an emai and we can talk.
    take care and happy 06

10. kittymon

kittymon New Member

City:
    Zimmerberg
    Hi Rebecca,

Saw your post about meeting new friends to go to the cinema with. My friend Hannah and I are moving down to Zimmerberg on the 16th of July to start new teaching jobs, so if you want to meet up with us for a drink or something you would be more than welcome and maybe you know of a few good places to go.

Feel free to email me.

Regards, Kat

11. Stian79

Stian79 New Member

City:
    Zurich
    Re: Native speakers

Hi Joseph,

i am in the same situation as you and keep on checking.
    try http://zurich-apartment.deetee.de/
    I already visited some apartments in Zurich but sofar i haven`t been lucky enough to be choosen by the Landlord.

Stian

12. Biofox

Biofox New Member

Apartment Search, Social Activities, and Athletics

My name is Matt and I just moved here from Washington, DC to work with one of the banks in Zurich.

I am looking for a place in Zurich or a neighboring canton for January 1st. If anyone else is looking and needs a flatmate, please let me know.

Socially, I work alot, and travel often. I like to go out on nights and weekends. Please let me know if there are planned events.

I would like to play soccer, tennis, or basketball in a league or club. If anyone knows about opportunities, I would appreciate any information.

Unfortunately, I only speak English at this point.

Thanks,
    Matt
    mfox@wesleyan.edu

13. Lilygeneva

Lilygeneva New Member

City:
    Zurich
    Living In:
    Switzerland
    Nationality:
    Swiss (CH)
    Languages:
    Français, anglais, espagnol, italien
    Hi, i am new in Zurich since september and would like to know new people and new friends in Zurich... Is there a group meeting someplace affer work? Anyone free for à drink or à movie ? Thanks à lot!!!