Forum Morocco

Forum of expats in Morocco: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EU visa will expire in Morocco

Discussion in 'Morocco' started by 'The American girl', Jul 23, 2005.

1. 'The American girl'

'The American girl' New Member

City:
    Rhone Valley, France
    Hello there,

I'm trying desperately to get practical information on how to extend my tourist visa. I am an US citizen wanting to remain in France but only have a 3 month tourist visa due to expire in the end of August. My French boyfriend and I are planning a vacation through Spain, Portugal, and Morocco this next month.

~~Is it possible to get another 3 month visa just by taking a quick trip across the boarder into Morocco? ~~any possible problems at the boarder?

I have heard a lot of conflicting information on this issue. All the official information states that you must be out of the country for 3 months in order to obtain another tourist visa. Any real life practical advice?

:confused: Thank you!!
    Sincerly, The Confused

2. MediaVisa.net

MediaVisa.net Member

Hello,

As a US citizen you are not subject to Schengen visa requirements to enter France. In fact, as a US citizen you are allowed to stay visa free in any of the Schengen countries, France being one of them, for a maximum period of three months (90 days).

This being said, the three months period you are allowed to stay visa free in France is to be accomplished within a period of six months starting at the date of your first entry in the Schengen area. In other words if you have already stayed three months in the Schengen area, you will have to wait for a new period of six months to begin, should you want to come back in the Schengen area for another legal period of three months visa free.

Regards.

Martin
    MediaVisa.net