Forum Morocco

Forum of expats in Morocco: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Extending Moroccan Visit Visa

Discussion in 'Morocco' started by truefriend407, Aug 25, 2011.

1. truefriend407

truefriend407 New Member

Living In:
    Morocco
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English
    Assalam-o-Alaikum,

I am a Pakistani National and have a valid visit visa for 1 month and max number of days to stay are 15 with single entry. I was wandering if I wish to extend my stay for 30 days, what I have to do for this? Your response will be much appreciated as its very important for me and I am going to meet all my family members and friends in Morocco.
    I have visited Morocco before and this time after getting my visa I asked Moroccan Consulate for more number of days to stay but they said I can do extension in Morocco but I am so confused how I will be able to do that. Please tell me the procedure and documents i will need there and how long it will take as its just extension of few days.
    I have to simply extend the number of days to stay from 15 to 30 as visa is for 30 days already.Please help.

Thanks a lot and Eid Mabrook in Advance.

Hamid

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    I would recommend starting with the recently published expat guide to Casablanca. The section on visasadvises:

"Applying for an extension should be done no later than 15 days after entering the country. This process can be time-consuming and frustrating. Many people choose to leave the country boundaries by entering Spanish-controlled Ceuta or Melilla and then re-entering Morocco for a new stamp."

I understand this is after you have probably left the country, but wanted to offer this information to others looking to extend a visa, and find out what you did. What procedure did you follow? Do you have advice for others?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. truefriend407

truefriend407 New Member

Living In:
    Morocco
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English
    Its a bit headache to extend the visa in Morocco and best option is to get the long validity visa with multiple entries from your home country.
    Extension is still possible from the local/Main Police station near your area where you residing during your stay and you have to give an application in writing a letter in arabic with attested(stamped from province)copies of your passport,pictures and reason of your extension.
    You will be allowed extension within a week and before you departure you need to report to the same police station so that they can inform the airport authorities and when you leave the country it will be absolutely normal and fine.
    I hope this may help for someone who wants to extends any visitor visa in Morocco.

Regards

4. riyadh2013

riyadh2013 New Member

Living In:
    Morocco
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    english , arabic

salaam

whereabout in morocco do you live?

5. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. riyadh2013

riyadh2013 New Member

Living In:
    Morocco
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    english , arabic
    salaam, i am still in morroco. inshAllah will try out the surrindar singh route

7. riyadh2013

riyadh2013 New Member

Living In:
    Morocco
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    english , arabic
    greetings textkourgan

do you know any morrocans trying out the surrindar singh route?