Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEA4 - advice needed

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by mjan1, Aug 11, 2011.

1. mjan1

mjan1 New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Portuguese (PT)
    Languages:
    English, Portuguese
    Hello everyone,

I'm EEA married to non-EEA national. We applied to EEA2 for my wife in January 2006 and it has expired January 2011. We want to apply for EEA4 but I have questions about treaty rights:

I've been a resident in the UK since 1994 but never applied for a resident card until 2006. I worked and paid taxes and NI contributions all the time I've been here. But in 2009 I suffered an accident at work and was laid off soon after. I claimed JSA for 8 months and, as my health was getting worse, ESA for the rest of the time afterwards. My wife as been taking care of our daughter born in 2008. I didn't have a choice but to claim benefits as I needed to keep food on the table. I am now better and want to go back to work asap.
    Now, since I never got my PR status confirmed, will the fact that I've been on benefits go agaist my wife's application for PR via EEA4 form? Or did I still been exercising my treaty rights?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS - Seperate question but still OT, anyone know if I can add my nearly 3yo daughter (EEA national born in UK) to my EEA3?

2. ind_dude

ind_dude Active Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English,Hindi,Punjabi
    You should have no difficulty as you're allowed to claim benefits but Can not be "Unreasoanable burden on welfare system"