Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Eea family permit

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by smefree100, Jun 13, 2011.

1. smefree100

smefree100 New Member

Living In:
    Austria
    Nationality:
    Nigerien (NG)
    Languages:
    english
    hello, im a nigerian and was previously deported from belgium to austria because my asylum case was still opened in austria.i finally got married with my gfriend(Austrian) who happened to be UK resident for more than 5yrs. fortunately,i got 5yrs family permit in Austria.i now want to apply for eea family permit to join my wife in the Uk.can someone advise me on hw to answer this part of question on the application form?
    6.6 Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required
    to leave any country, including the UK in the last 10 years?
    will this affect my chance to join my wife in the UK if i say YES? and what happen if i say NO?
    NOTE:It is better to explain why you do not have a document than to submit a false document. Your application will be automatically refused
    and you may be banned from coming to the UK for 10 years if you use a false document, lie or withhold relevant information. You may
    also be banned if you have breached immigration laws in the UK.
    Is this deportation issue from one EU country to another also part of immigration laws in the UK? please i need advise urgently.thanks
    kayroy

2. joneeboy74

joneeboy74 Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Irish (IE)
    Languages:
    english,french
    Not a clever question. You should tell the TRUTH, and give your legitimate explanation , if you have one. If you don't, the truth will soon come out when checks are made on you, and then there will be NO family permit, as it will certainly appear that your marriage is one of convenience, merely to try to get into the UK. That is sufficient to block your entry, or if you are already in the UK, to deport you.
    Apart from that, you have not explained how your girlfriend/wife has managed to be in the UK for 5 years,and at the same time be in Austria. For you to join her in the UK, she would have to show that she can house you and support you, without you becoming a burden on the state. There is no particular sum for that at present, but a senior concerned minister recently stated this should be a minimum of £20,000 a year to support spouse/partner, and more for additional family members.
    As to your other question, which seems to be about whether EU countries exchange information on immigration matters, the answer is OF COURSE THEY DO! Especially regarding who has been deported, and why?
    Additionally, are you aware that the UK recently imposed more visa restrictions on applications from Nigerians? That is due to the high level of bogus applications, so it is particularly important that you keep any dealings with our Embassies, or the UK Border Agency, simple and honest at all times.
    Good luck with your application.