Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEA Family Permit for Tunisian citizen

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by neringa-firas1, Feb 26, 2013.

1. neringa-firas1

City:
    Kairouan
    Living In:
    Tunisia
    Nationality:
    Tunisian (TN)
    Languages:
    French,English,Italian...
    Hey guys,

I already have good idea about the required documents for an EEA Family Permit.i am tunisian and my wife is lithuanian who have been living and working in UK for 4 years and 11 months,she is living with me in Tunisia for 8 months and she got her residence card(Valid to 2014).in 5 march my wife will back to Uk in order to get back her previous job position and to rent a proprety in order that we both can live there later. now while i am checking in th UKBA site for some other details i found this information :

*What regulation governs the issue of EEA
    family permits?:

1-Regulation 12 of the Immigration (EEA)
    Regulations 2006 is the basis for issuing
    EEA family permits. Successful applicants
    must meet all requirements for a family
    permit.
    2-A non EEA national travelling independently
    and not joining an EEA national in the UK
    must meet the normal entry clearance
    requirements under the Immigration Rules.

So in my case i will not travel with my wife,she will go first and then i join her later.so according to the point 2,am i required to provide financial proofs like bank statement and payslip( is it a must?) does that mean they will process my eea family permit as a normal spouse visa?

Actionly i am thinking to not enclose her bank statements because she was living with me here in Tunisia for 8 months and during that time she don t have good transaction in her account(i mean there is no money in) so i worry that they will consider that she is not able to sponsor me financially .. and regard the payslips she will be working for few weeks and then i will apply and they are requiring payslips of the previous 6 months...

These are the documents i am ready to enclose with my application :

* the online application(printed)
    *marriage certeficate : Translated and orginal copies
    *a copy of her passport certefied by a solicitor from UK
    *a copy of her residence card in Tunisia(translated to english)(i wonder if i need to submit the orginal card as well)
    *her rent contract
    *her recent work contract(a copy of her previous work contract if she find it)
    *her work permit copy(showing that she start working in uk since 2007)
    *a covering letter will be written from my wife(handwriting)
    *pictures( before our marriage ,during the marriage and after)
    *my passport
    *a passport sized photograph of me

How about that dear sir/madam, do you think this will be sufficient ?
    i am looking forward for a quick help.

Best regards

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    It appears that you are well prepared - well done! Information about EEA Family permit can be found in our guide to London, or in our FAQ
    "What is an EEA4 for the UK Home Office?"

The UK Border Agency is the official site of immigration provides info for "Partner of a British citizen or settled person" for applying from Tunisia (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English) that I think is most pertinent to your situation. There is a Visa application fees and guides in Tunisia (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English)

Has anyone else offer information on how they applied and what documents they submitted?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. s_l_h_3

s_l_h_3 Active Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Spanish (ES)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish, Arabic, Italian
    Hi, I am from spain and applying for a visa for my wife who is not from the EEA zone. I dont have an EEA registration certificate number which is field to fill out in the application form but I am not sure if it is important. Does your wife have an EEA registration certificate number? If yes, can you please tell me how long does it take to apply and have a EEA registration certificate? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

4. joneeboy74

joneeboy74 Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Irish (IE)
    Languages:
    english,french
    I know it is a bit old, but I have just read your post and most of it is wrong, and completely irrelevant to the OP or spouse, neither of which are UK citizens. One is Lithuanian, an EU citizen, and the spouse is Tunisian, classified as a non EEA spouse of an EEA citizen. The non-EEA spouse does not need a 'visa' to enter the UK, so the visa fees and guides you for which you gave the links are nothing to do with them, and could needlessly mislead them and others who read your post. How do you know they have made a good job of it?
    What the OP is referring to is an EEA Family permit which is free, has minimal documentary or other requirements, and is quick and easy to obtain by an entitled person, as the OP has probably found out long ago. Don't you think that a member, especially a moderator, should restrict their posts ( other than questions), to subjects they know about?

5. joneeboy74

joneeboy74 Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Irish (IE)
    Languages:
    english,french
    I should have mentioned that even the form EEA4 which you listed is wrong. That is concerning an application for permanent residence, and can only be processed from within the UK, after the applicant has lived there for 5 YEARS!