Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Can anyone give me an advice about EEA2 processing time?

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by dimonworld, Oct 22, 2009.

1. dimonworld

dimonworld New Member

Hi, i am very new in this website and i was reading from different people about EEA2.
    Me and my wife applied for EEA1 & EEA2 on 15th October'2008. After 2 months we have received the Certificate of Application. Since that time we are waiting for EEA1 & EEA2 RC. We have called to HO so many times, but they never tell how long more we need to wait. I was reading about SOLVIT & Local MP. But i didnot make any complain yet.

Can anybody tell me should we make complain against HO by SOLVIT or MP. Is that really help? we are waiting for last 12 months. Life is full of stress. We cannot travel together as my passport is with HO . and my present visa is expiring on 31/10/2009.

Can anybody give an idea normally how long HO takes to give RC?

Thanks lot in advance.

Dimon

2. kkk

kkk Active Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Languages:
    English
    Unfortunately, there's no set-time frame for the issuance of the RC by the HO as it stands now. Recently, They promised to go back to the normal 6 months processing time by December, by then all the outstanding applications would have been processed. However I don't know how practical that is, even as more people (according to many posts from various EEA forums) are yet to receive their RC's.
    Nonetheless, I'd advice that you send a complain letter to your MP and possibly get the SOLVIT involved as well.
    Good Luck!

3. dimonworld

dimonworld New Member

Thanks lot for your reply. Could you please write me how can i make complain letter by local MP.

Thanks.

Dimon

4. kkk

kkk Active Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Languages:
    English

Well, I didn't write any letter in my own case.
    I just searched for and got his (my MP) contact info on the internet, then contacted him via his office telephone number, gave my details and He contacted the HO.
    You may wish to try this as well.

5. dimonworld

dimonworld New Member

Thanks lot, my friend. Have a good day.

Dimon