Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN BRITISH CITIZEN TO MARRY MOROCCAN CITIZEN

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by sofia476, May 29, 2006.

1. sofia476

sofia476 Member

Hi
    Well I desperatly need some help here I'm from the UK and am a british citizen but I am dating a moroccan citizen who lives in Morocco, we wish to get married but i dont know what kind of documents I will need to take with me in order to get married in morocco, and will it be valid in the Uk, I should be going to morocco in august also how long is the whole documentation process?
    Please can any one help me? :(

2. tndfr

tndfr Active Member

hi
    procedure is very easy indeed, you get married in marocco, you certify everything with the british embassy in marocco and then your husband should have a familly permit allowing him to come with to the UK.

Please refer to other thread in this forum and the IND website.

3. sofia476

sofia476 Member

hmmm so sorry i am confused about the last part you said... I dont really know my way around these forums is it possible to have a link provided........ also you have said it is easy could you please provide me with information about what kind of documentation i will need beforehand please and many thanks :oops:

4. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
  5. sofia476

sofia476 Member

hi...
    Sorry...... I have have noticed that you need to provide a lot of documentation, but as a lot of people on this site I met my partner on the net, although we can provide letters/post/photos/e-mails, well at the time being I am a student and only working part time, my flat is owned by the council and its a studio appartment I am just worried if any of this is going to affect the outcome of him moving to london? :(

6. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Put it this way, : It wont be easy.
    Unfortunately I just dont know.

7. tndfr

tndfr Active Member

as a british citizen it would a lot easier for you to bring him , contact the home office for more clarification. one thing is sure it is gonna be hard for the home office to day NO if the relationship is genuine. roll up your sleeve and start sifting through document and IND website, you can even get a lawer to do it for you!!

8. sofia476

sofia476 Member

In response to that do you mean to bring him back as my husband or would it be easier to get married here. I'm still lost about the type of documents needed to get married in morocco......

sorry to be such a pain :( :(

9. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    I would disagree completely.
    Easier because she is British :headscratch:
    Student without full time job would have uphill battle.
    Lawyer at this stage would be utter waste of money.
    Sofia see here @ .

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 5796295766

10. tndfr

tndfr Active Member

thanks Triple H, i just had a look at the link you provided, it is quite complicated indeed. learn something new everyday! :D

11. toulate

toulate New Member

sofia

Hi sofia
    are u still need papers for merrige in morocco

12. sofia476

sofia476 Member

hey sorry i didnt get your message do u mean u can tell me which papers i must provide ??

13. toulate

toulate New Member

yes if u got email i will send u there

14. AngieMullen4

AngieMullen4 New Member

re this message is for toulate

Hi there im getting married in Aug also to a moroccan guy so would it be possible for you to send me the list of documents so i will be able to marry in morocco? My email address is A-N-G-I-E@hotmail.com

15. meamin

meamin New Member

hi, i need help too about papers etc and where to start with marrying my moroccan boyfriend!! it all seems so complicated!! if anyone has any advise i would be really greatful, thanks!

16. sofia476

sofia476 Member

can anyone help me :( please I am going to travel in the next 3-4weeks and want to know what kind of documentation I need to get married in Morocco I am not to sure if we will come back to the uk or if i will stay there please someone help me I dont want to go there and not be able to marry

17. louisaandmohamed

louisaandmohamed New Member

Hi inorder for you to get married you will have to find out from his home town what papers are required.
    You can contact the british embassy in morocco. I do know you will need prove of earnings, birth certifacte, prove from your local police that you have no previous confiction. he will also have to produce th same.

You firstly have to go to the consulate in casablanca and fill in a load of paper work, then you return to his home town place of birth then it al begins. best of luck.

I am having the same problem, but we have a slight problem we are not yet married and i am expecting a child with.

good luck

18. shopgirluk

shopgirluk Member

Marriage in UK or Morocco

Hi,

I am a UK Citizen with a Moroccan boyfriend and we are about to marry. He lives in Morocco and I live in the UK and we have been together for about 6 months.

I have my notice of non-impediment and letter from Scotland Yard to say I don't have a criminal record, etc so I don't think we'll have a problem marrying there. I have a list of the docs I need from his home town (which I am waiting to have translated) but I still have questions regarding the Visa process.

Once we're married where do we apply for his spouse visa? I have looked around the forums and it seems a bit of a lottery as to whether you get one and how long you have to wait for one. Would it be easier to get him here on a tourist visa and marry here? I don't want to wait a year to be with him permanently and I can't move over there as I have a good job here so it wouldn't make sense.

Any help/advice/sucess stories would be very encouraging as I'm doing this alone without the support of my family. Thanks!

19. Shama

Shama Member

Marriage in morocco

Hi there

I'm also looking to get married in Morocco and unfortunately finding exactly what needs to be done seems to be a big mess!

Does anyone know how long the certificate of no impediment is valid for please?

Thanks

Shama

khanshama@hotmail.co.uk

20. Shama

Shama Member

Different town

Hi

My fiance is in Fes but we would like to get married in Marina Smir (Tetouan).

I noticed the info from the embassy said to take all documentation to where my fiance lives. Do you know if it is possible to marry in a town other than where he originally comes from?

Many thanks

Shama