Forum Buenos Aires

Forum of expats in Buenos Aires: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Basic Essentials: A Good English Speaking Hairdresser

Discussion in 'Buenos Aires' started by raymond e lee, Sep 30, 2011.

1. raymond e lee

raymond e lee Member

City:
    Buenos aires
    Living In:
    Argentina
    Nationality:
    New Zealander (NZ)
    Languages:
    english and some spanish
    Well this was a post that was glaringly missing from the forum. Good English speaking hairdressers, I know there are some here (I´m one. http://globaljet.weebly.com) But this has always supprised me that basic and essential services that we all need like hairdresser, dentist, beautician are really personal are never on drop lists like restaurants and bars. Let´s start a list/thread here for the essentials!

2. raymond e lee

raymond e lee Member

City:
    Buenos aires
    Living In:
    Argentina
    Nationality:
    New Zealander (NZ)
    Languages:
    english and some spanish
    Hi, just let me know and I will take the link off if you want.
    good waves, Raymond

3. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Thought about removing it as usually it looks like advertising using forums :think: but eventually decided to leave it. It is a way of presenting yourself and then you are calling for other people to list of essentials in Buenos Aires... so if anyone want to give advice and tips they are welcome.

[as for me I always go to Paris for my hairdresser ;) ]

4. raymond e lee

raymond e lee Member

City:
    Buenos aires
    Living In:
    Argentina
    Nationality:
    New Zealander (NZ)
    Languages:
    english and some spanish
    Ok, It´s been awhile and no-one else seems to know, so here are the names of a few more english speaking hairdressers in Buenos Aires.
    Disclaimer: Obviously I have never had my hair done by any of these people or places, however they are names (like my own, Raymond) that keep popping-up
    Terrie Orr (England)
    Nina
    Ryan
    Cerini (Marcus?)
    Alberto Sanders
    Praná
    Roho
    Colours

For more information, just let me know and I will see what I can dig up for you here.
    Also, I know top stylists in New Zealand if your´re searching just PM me.

Finally, a few words about how to beat the heat in buenos aires as it gets really hot in summer here and I was thinking of ways to help you cool-off that didn´t involve shaving your head. Research has shown that those predisposed to scalp conditions can adjust their diets and use of cosmetics and makeup. Well that was research money well spent huh!
    Avoiding fried foods, dairy products and mineral-based makeup and hair products may bring relief to some and reduce weight in others.

Pharmaceu..pharmasuit...pharmazoo... chemist grade Emu Oil and Menthol help heal scalp tissue while Jojoba Oil, Keratin and amino acids act to restore hair and scalp health. You’re left with a cool, refreshing sensation and fragrance that fights scalp psoriasis, itchiness, flakes and irritation.
    shampoos are formulated with Jojoba Oil, Emu Oil, Panthenol and Peppermint and menthol extracts to help soothe dry, tight scalp, and leave a cool, clean and fresh feeling. Jojoba Oil is well known for its restorative properties and is a common ingredient in shampoos and conditioners.
    Emu Oil is a natural derivative and is used commonly in hair products for its ability to soothe the scalp, reduce inflammation and is widely used in skin care for burns, rashes and scars. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial – making it very effective in psoriasis shampoo formulations – and provides deep moisturization.
    Peppermint and menthol extracts have a number of important properties helping regulate sebum production, increase hair growth and to deep clean dirt and product build-up.
    So leave the greasy cow-based products and go juice yourself an Emu, add a couple of Mentos some Sodium Laural Sulphate and mix your own refreshing summer shampoo!!

Disclaimer: Individual results will vary, (considerably.)

feliz navidad, good waves and hair days,

Raymond E Lee

5. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Great, thanks a lot for your tips.

If you have anymore information about the life in Buenos Aires, advice, feel free to post new topics and I remind you that you can also contribute at the bottom of the articles of our guide for expatriation in Buenos Aires. :cool:

6. hairbyrichardfitch

hairbyrichardfitch New Member

City:
    Buenos Aires
    Living In:
    Argentina
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English and Spanish
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Richard Fitch and I am an English Speaking HairDresser in Buenos Aires.

Be sure to check out my web-site http://richardfitch.com/

I know many of you are nervous to go to a salon in Buenos Aires. Maybe you are nervous about your Spanish or not even sure where to go.

I have been a hairdresser for over 15 years. I am originally from the U.S. and now live here in BA. I work in my home studio and specialize in cuts, color and highlights. I have been working with the Buenos Aires, English speaking expat community for around 3 years now. Give me a call or send me an email for your free consultation and to discuss your next hair service.

For first time customers I offer a free consultation and a $10 peso discount off cuts and $20 pesos off color or highlights.

I look forward to meeting you soon!

For an appointment call or email today.

15-3107-9729

Check out this short introduction video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY6OCcDho6s

Located in Capitol Federal in the barrio of Villa Crespo on Avenida Corrientes. Just moments from Palermo, Recoleta and San Telmo. Easy to get to from the D Line (green line) located on Avenida Sante Fe.

7. raymond e lee

raymond e lee Member

City:
    Buenos aires
    Living In:
    Argentina
    Nationality:
    New Zealander (NZ)
    Languages:
    english and some spanish
    Just an update regarding fellow English speaking hairdesser Buenos Aires Richard is no longer in Buenos Aires.

Good waves and hair days, Raymond
    http://globaljet.weebly.com

8. Solberry

Solberry New Member

Living In:
    Argentina
    Nationality:
    Irish (IE)
    Languages:
    Spanish English
    I saw that Terrie Orr is mentioned in this thread and I actually got my blonde hair highlighted and cut by her last week. 

She's brilliant. Friendly and talented. 
    My blonde highlights are perfect. Really natural. 
    I recommend her without hesitation. 

terrie.orr@gmail.com

9. gaytraveler

gaytraveler New Member

Living In:
    Thailand
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Excuse me for asking, but I often wonder why first-world hairdressers of any quality would be scrabbling around for the declining peso if they were any good. My friends in hairdressing earn an absolute fortune in the 1st-world, but hey ho - when in Rome I use the Romans and by far the best hairdresser I have found over the last 30 years is Javier Aranda Hair & Makeup Design.

Javier speaks perfect English and has looked after my cut and colour for a few years after one of my tango ladies swore by his services. I have referred over 20 friends to Javier who all continue to use (men and women) and rave about him.

He's extremely good, he's not the cheapest, but his services are first-class.

http://www.javier-aranda-hair-makeup-design.com

I have long hair, it is white and goes a horrible yellow in the Asian and South American suns, I like a very natural salt and pepper that only very few hairdressers can achieve - Javier being the best - my girlfriends and boyfriends love him.

If you want a hairdresser you can trust 100% for great cuts and colour, try Javier Aranda he is highly recommended by so many people.