Forum Ireland

Community of expats Ireland: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Applying for Family Members of EU/EEA /Swiss Citizens!

Forum أيرلاندا, Irland, Irlanda, Irlande, Ιρλανδία, アイルランド, Irlanda, Ierland, Irlandia, Irlanda, Ирландия, 爱尔兰, 愛爾蘭: أيرلاندا, Irland, Irlanda, Irlande, Ιρλανδία, アイルランド, Irlanda, Ierland, Irlandia, Irlanda, Ирландия, 爱尔兰, 愛爾蘭

Applying for Family Members of EU/EEA /Swiss Citizens!

Postby Knight3 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:25 am

Hi Everyone,

I am Computer science graduates who graduated this summer with a 2:1, but I failed to secure myself a job which could have extended my stay in UK and saved lot of time and money.

At the last minute, someone explained to me about Surinder Singh route to join my father (yes, he's a British Citizen). So, before my visa ended I left UK and entered Ireland on 27/October/2015.

So now I'm finally getting my apartment tomorrow so I can proceed for PPS, Bank account and PRTB. Also I want to mention that I am 23 years old who's been depended on my father since I moved to London. He helped me pay my Uni fee, accommodation, etc,.. (I do have all the prof)

So he will be joining me next week so I can actually start the process.

My questions are:
1. What are the documents applicant (me) needs example: PPS, PRTB?
2. Can I apply as soon as my dad finds a job or do I have to wait for 3 months?
3. What type of visa should I apply for long or shot stay?

Thank you,
Knight iii

Knight3

Nationality: Sri Lanka (lk)
Living in: Ireland
Languages: English