Aviation News Researcher / Journalist
ch-aviation is looking for a full-time English mother-tongue News
Researcher/Journalist to join its growing
news room for its office in the center of Zagreb. Founded in 1998 in
Chur in Switzerland, ch-aviation
(www.ch-aviation.com) has become one of the most influential airline
intelligence providers in the world.
Today ch-aviation serves more than 1.6 million users each year and
is proud to count hundreds of
companies in the airline industry as its customers.
We take big pride in our hands-on mentality, a good work
environment, fair salaries and offer
public transport allowance.
Join the fastest and most exciting aviation company in South East
As a news aggregator, part of our job entails reading through
multiple news articles and regulatory
documents from around the world on a daily basis. Therefore, you
will be responsible for scanning
through said documents to extract the most relevant information you
think would be suited to an article
you intend to write in English for an English-speaking audience.
Aside from a disciplined, analytically-oriented mindset, you must
also be able to work within established
guidelines, within set timeframes, and under a supervising editor.
The job itself requires a strong
outgoing, inquiring personality with an ability to integrate into a
tight-knit team. At the same time, it also
requires a person capable of working independently and flexibly
depending on workloads, which vary from
day to day.
A strong sense of global geo-political events is a must as is an
ability to understand and interpret them.
Given the nature of our work, a passion for aviation is also a key
requirement. The ideal candidate will
have a degree in journalism and will have at least five years of
experience as well as several verifiable
pieces, in English, for reference. The position may require business
travel from time to time.
• Independently research and review aviation-related articles
which may or may not be in English;
• Do additional research to corroborate/clarify reports;
• Extract from said articles, information relevant to the
ch-aviation market context;
• Create unique English articles featuring said extracts as well
as other information you deem useful to the
• Contact executives at airlines and aircraft operators via e-mail
to verify facts and/or quotes;
• Work to set deadlines;
• Work with a supervising editor to ensure set standards and
quality are maintained.
• A mother-tongue standard of English language, both oral and
• Previous (airline) news experience;
• Ability to properly structure an English news article using
• Verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to
detail, critical thinking;
• Ability to work independently and to collaborate with an editor,
problem solve, self-organize, manage own
work schedule and time, meeting deadlines;
• Ability to analyze, develop and write your own articles;
• Ability to keep data and information confidential;
• Strong general computer skills as well as Google search
• Previous experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word,
• Previous experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-national
• Knowledge of Boolean search terms;
• Language skills in Russian, Arabic, Farsi, Japanese, Mandarin or
Cantonese and experience with language
translation tools or knowledge/experience in the airline industry a
• At least five years of English journalism experience;
• The candidate either is a Croatian national, currently has a
residency/work permit for Croatia or is a
citizen of a European Union country, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with a demanding
If you think you might be a perfect match for our company and the
advertised position, submit your
motivation letter, at least three verifiable articles for reference
and Curriculum Vitae in English by
February 15, 2019 via E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only Applications in English language will be
evaluated, as an international
team is running the recruitment process. Only short-listed
candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions
of confidentiality in accordance with the
regulations of personal data protection.
Company: ch-aviation services doo
Location: in Zagreb
Job Type: Permanent
Mirela Lezaic Rogan