Return | Athens

Before going back | Athens

Home > Expat Guides > Europe > Greece > Athens

If you’re leaving Greece permanently after having lived there for an extended period you might want to either close your bank account while you’re still in the country or arrange to give powers of attorney to someone so they can manage your financial and other affairs after you’ve gone.

It may be necessary to inform the tax authorities or the social security office that you are leaving if you are permanently moving residence.

Remember to give a forwarding address for mail and/or arrange to have your post redirected or collected.

Related article: Preparing for your move

Update 31/12/2008


Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Greece and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about before going back | Athens, return.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).