Departure to Frankfurt

Passport, Visa & Permits to Frankfurt

Home > Expat Guides > Europe > Germany > Frankfurt

Registry at the consulate in Frankfurt: for your first inscription you must go to the consulate. You will find the documents provided on the Internet or by calling them.

Cards: When you want to work more than 3 months, you must have a specific visa (Aufenhaltserlaubnis). You must go to the office for foreigners (Ausländerbehörde) with:

  1. Your passport
  2. You accommodation contract
  3. Your work contract
  4. Your registry at the town hall (Anmeldebescheinigung)
  5. 3 identity photos

Come with an International citizen form (your own town hall will indicate you how to get it).

You will then get the form EG-Ausländer that you and your company have to complete. Then bring it back to the above office or send it by mail.

You should get your authorisation card within the following 2-3 weeks.

Update 11/11/2003


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Germany and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about passport, visa & permits to Frankfurt, departure.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).