Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN US trying to move to UK - Job Questions

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Kerin, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Kerin

Kerin New Member

City:
    Denver
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi all!

I currently live in the US and I'm trying to move to the UK next year. I've done a ton of research on my own and I'm going to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa as my education and experience helps me meet a couple of the role types on the Need Jobs list (I have education as a social worker, experience in nonprofits and fundraising). I've actually reached out to a few locations already and am slowly working towards being able to apply.

That being said, is there anything I should know or that could be helpful to know when applying for jobs with the intention of getting a Skilled Worker visa? (I know that I need to be making a certain yearly/hourly amount and I'm applying to organizations who have previously hired others with the Skilled Worker visa). According to what I've read, I need to have a job offer and a sponsorship (it seems people are usually sponsored by the organizations offering them a job), so I just want to make sure I'm doing the best job I can and taking all necessary steps. I don't want to waste my time or theirs by applying to jobs without all the proper materials/information.

Thank you!

Nicholas Gunter likes this.
  2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Ho @Kerin and welcome to EasyExpat.com
    The sponsorship usually goes with the job offer indeed (I've never heard of another way).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...