Forum Immigration USA

Forum of expats in the Immigration USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

⌸ EN Magazine The US vows to expand their Green Card Programme

Discussion in 'Immigration USA' started by KashGo, Jan 24, 2022.

1. KashGo

KashGo Addicted member
    Editor

City:
    Manama
    Living In:
    Bahrain
    Nationality:
    South African (ZA)
    Languages:
    English, Afrikaans
    The Biden government has made sweeping positive changes to many aspects of immigration since coming into office.This government’s immigration bill will increase annual green card numbers by 35%, according to a new analysis.

The number of immigrants estimated to obtain a “green card“ will rise by nearly 375,500 each year if the U.S. Citizenship Act of 2021 is enacted, totalling about 1.5 million every year. This is about 400K more than the average over the past few years.

More in our article: The US vows to expand their Green Card Programme

Will that affect you ? Have you had you application put on hold due to the Covid crisis? Please share your story below.

2. Skoots

Skoots Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Spanish (ES)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish
    It won't affect me, but it's certainly good news. Should not have been rolled back in the first place in my opinion.

3. AnthonyC391

AnthonyC391 Member

City:
    Toronto
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    It has no bearing on me. I'm not very knowledgeable about this. However, a friend told me that if the spouse pursuing a marriage green card divorces or annuls their marriage with their U.S. citizen sponsor, the fundamental basis for the citizenship application is lost, and USCIS would not give the green card. If the petition is not withdrawn in this situation, it will be refused.