Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Settled in the UK, trying to get my Son from EEA to UK

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Amoros7, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Amoros7

Amoros7 New Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    Czech Republic
    Nationality:
    Aruban (AW)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello.
    I, originally from Africa, have been in the UK for more than a decade now.
    And I have obtained my UK naturalisation certificate.
    So, I am British at this point.

My Son is currently 16 and he is a EEA/EU National and lives with his mother in the Czech Republic.

He would like to join me in the UK so that he can study here (without his mother).
    With Brexit in mind, what is the current process I should follow to allow my son to legally join me in the UK?

Thank you very much for your help.

Amoros

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    British citizens (this is your case as you have acquired British citizenship) who have children (less than 18 years old) living outside the United Kingdom can take them to the UK through the Child Visa, which falls under the Family visa category.

The UK Child Visa, is a type of visa that allows citizens or residents of the United Kingdom with no immigration restrictions to bring their non-EU child in the UK. Therefore, the main criterion for a child to be eligible for this type of visa, is to have one of their parents already residing in the UK.

Your child will apply for indefinite leave to remain based on having a family member settled in the UK (as a British citizen). See more here: https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to-remain-family/child-family-visa

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...