Forum Poland

Forum of expats in Poland: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Polish Dual Citizenship

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Klaire Leroy, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Klaire Leroy

Klaire Leroy New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English, Français
    If my maternal great-grandparents were born/raised in Poland (they were born in 1920 & 1922) but immigrated in the 1950’s to Australia and had a daughter (my grandmother) who had dual Polish/Australian citizenship, would my mum (born in Australia) also have the dual citizenship?

2. Marek_K

Marek_K New Member

City:
    Portsmouth
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, some Polish spoken
    Hi I've just joined this forum. I am intending to move to Poland in the near future. I am also in the process of, hopefully, getting Polish citizenship. My understanding is that provided your Mother can prove that she is the daughter of your Grandmother who has/had Polish citizenship (i.e. birth certificate) then she would be entitled to Polish citizenship as well. Also if you could make the same connection, i.e. to your Mother, then you would also be entitled. However it's always best to get advise from experts. I am using a firm in Krakow to sort my citizenship out. If you are still interested then let me know and I'll pass on their details. I am aware that this was posted quite a while ago so may no longer be relevant.

3. appleb

appleb New Member

City:
    San Francisco
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    I am kind of interested in the firm you are using in Krakow. Can you share who you are using and if you are satisfied with their service?