Forum Berlin

Forum of expats in Berlin: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice New Members in Berlin: Welcome

Discussion in 'Berlin' started by texkourgan, Aug 28, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com!

This topic is specifically dedicated to new comers in Berlin. We invite you to introduce yourself here!

Why have you come here? Is it for internship? Studies? A job? Or simply in order to discover new lands?

If you have already secured a job, how did you find it? How long do you think you will stay in Berlin?

How was your move? How did you settle into your new city? What was the easiest thing / the most difficult to adapt to?

The guide to Berlin is the perfect resource to give you an overview of life abroad. Check it out and ask questions here on the forum. Thanks in advance for your answers and here’s to a good discussion!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LotusFlower

LotusFlower New Member

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    Swiss (CH)
    Languages:
    English, French, knowledges in German and Italian
    Hello!

After my first 10 days stay in lovely Berlin, I faced the evidence that I miss talking with people!!!! Definitely :)

Well I am really new comer in Berlin but know a little bit of the city yet, having traveled a few times since the last 2 years. I am from Geneva and want to relocate myself in Berlin. I start progressively sharing my time between both Geneva and Berlin mainly because of my job and because I want to see how I feel in Berlin.

Would be glad to meet other Expats and Berliner on Friday evening, having a drink in Kreuzberg area for example. Who is in?

Have a nice evening all!
    Cheers

3. texkourgan

Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    Hello and welcome to Berlin! There is a vibrant expat community here in Berlin and I am sure you will have no problem meeting people. You can arrange a meet-up with other expats on Expat Meet-ups in Berlin thread. I can also recommend getting on Twitter as the expat community in Berlin is very active. You can find my professional expat account at @BlogExpat, and my personal account where I talk about meet-ups etc at @texkourgan. I also highly recommend connecting with expat blogs in Berlin.

I can recommend the new food market meet-up in Kreuzberg called Bite Club (http://biteclub.de/). We went last Friday and it was a very festive atmosphere with lots of great people milling about. Also - on September 15th some friends and I are arranging a Mexican potluck in Tempelhof if you are interested. There are no shortage of events here!

You can also fill in the forum with other questions and information you have found. Share places you like to go, how you found housing etc. Enjoy the city! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. neil numb

neil numb Member

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    hey there
    my name is Neil Numb and i'm a stand up comedien, love being in Berlin, its a brilliant city.

looking forward to meeting you all.

5. texkourgan

Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
  6. neil numb

neil numb Member

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    thanks very much, its been a great summer, loads of big things planned, i'm really excited by all of it.

give me a shout if you fancy the show today (5th Sep) its a big one..

7. majabrunn

majabrunn New Member

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    English, German
    Hi,

my first days in Berlin were great, did a lot of sight seeing and just touring the city. It took a while to find a room, I e-mailed about a 100 people who had posted ads on WG Gesucht and got invited to a few castings. However I found a cool app called flatss, which could make finding a room a lot easier since it works via video and not thousands of e-mails. Check it out! http://www.flatss.com/

-Maja

8. Leo Jonson

Leo Jonson New Member

City:
    Berlin, Germany
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    German
    Hey everyone, I am Leo Jonson from Berlin, Germany. I am very excited to be part of this blog. I hope I can network with new peoples here.