Forum France

Forum of expats in France: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN How to Emigrate to France?

Discussion in 'France' started by Stephanie123, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Stephanie123

Stephanie123 New Member

City:
    Beirut
    Living In:
    Lebanon
    Nationality:
    Lebanese (LB)
    Languages:
    French, English, Arabic
    My husband and I are both Lebanese with 2 teenagers (16 and 11) who are Lebanese/American. Our goal is to emigrate to France to work there and send our kids to school/college.

I am a:
    -Talented Pastry Chef founder and owner of a Patisserie that has been doing business for at least 5 years specialized in event 3D cakes and handmade delicate pastry.
    - I am also a holder of B.A. degree in Finance and Accounting and have 20 years of experience as an employee in this domain.

My husband is a biomedical technician engineer holder of a Master's Degree in Science - Electronics and has 30 years of experience in this field and as a Project Manager as well.
    According to what we gathered researching online, there's multiple paths for working and/or emigrating to France:

1. The Talent Passport:
    -Does a Pastry/Dessert Chef (founder and owner of a patisserie in Lebanon) fall under this category? Does an Electronic Engineer with a Master's degree and 25+ years of experience fall under this category?

2. Employed or Salaried Workers:
    -What kind of visa allows us to apply for work in France? And how feasible is it to sign an employment contract with the employer.

3. EU Blue Card for highly skilled/educated workers:
    -Does a Masters Degree in Electronic Engineering allows us to go this route?

4. Get a Phd:
    -My husband has been thinking of getting a Phd. How easy/difficult it is to seek higher education in France and will it allow him to work there?

5. Open a Business:
    -Our understanding is that we can reside in France if we open a business. I've always wanted to open a Patisserie outside of Lebanon so how does this work?

6. Via Family
    My Husband's sister and brother in law (a family Medicine doctor) are both French citizens, would this help our case.

Thank you!

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello,
    I cannot give much advise as I'm not immigration expert in France (you may better find the advice of a lawyer for that).
    Libanese need visa to go to France (even on holiday, and I'm told that the duration is really up to the mood of the customs officer :(). The usual route is usually to find employment first.
    Theref might be an alternative route about opening a business indeed (although not really a good timing right now) but I assume you will have to invest a large sum of money and able to proove that your life is sustainable, at least the first year...
    Maybe someone else has more knowledge here? I recommend you check with an immigration lawyer for your case.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Stephanie123 likes this.
  3. Stephanie123

Stephanie123 New Member

City:
    Beirut
    Living In:
    Lebanon
    Nationality:
    Lebanese (LB)
    Languages:
    French, English, Arabic
    Thanks Cyrilexpat... Since I'm not in France, any idea (or recommendation) on how to find and contact an immigration laywer?