Forum Chile

Forum of expats in Chile: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Chile Trip Report - January 2024

Discussion in 'Chile' started by MoonlitSoul$, Jan 16, 2024.

1. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Member
    Networker

City:
    Global
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish and Tagalog
    Greetings, fellow travelers! I recently returned from an incredible trip to Chile in January 2024, and I'm excited to share my experiences with you. Join me as I take you through a thread of my adventures and discoveries in this beautiful South American country.

Arrival in Santiago: My journey began with landing in Santiago, the capital city of Chile. The city welcomed me with its vibrant atmosphere, stunning architecture, and friendly locals. I highly recommend exploring the historic neighborhoods of Bellavista and Lastarria for their charming streets and excellent dining options.

Exploring Valparaíso: A short trip from Santiago, I visited the colorful port city of Valparaíso. The artistic vibes and unique street art captivated me at every turn. Don't miss riding the funiculars to the hilltops for breathtaking views of the city and the Pacific Ocean.

The Enchanting Atacama Desert: Next, I ventured north to the otherworldly landscapes of the Atacama Desert. From the geysers of El Tatio to the salt flats of Salar de Atacama, this region offers awe-inspiring natural wonders. Stargazing in the clear night skies was an unforgettable experience.

Patagonia's Majestic Beauty: One of the highlights of my trip was exploring the stunning Patagonia region. Torres del Paine National Park, with its towering granite peaks and pristine lakes, left me speechless. Hiking the famous W Circuit is a must-do for nature enthusiasts.

Coastal Beauty of Viña del Mar: Finally, I visited the coastal city of Viña del Mar, famous for its golden beaches and lush gardens. The Flower Clock, Quinta Vergara Park, and the stunning coastline are all worth exploring. Relaxing by the beach and enjoying fresh seafood was the perfect way to end my trip.

Overall, my Chilean adventure was a true delight. The country's diverse landscapes, warm-hearted people, and delicious cuisine left an indelible mark on my memories. Whether you're an outdoor enthusiast, a culture lover, or a foodie, Chile has something amazing to offer.

If you have any questions about specific destinations or need recommendations for your own Chilean adventure, feel free to ask! I'm here to help. ✈️

James

Cyrilexpat likes this.
  2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    WOW thanks a lot for your update on Chile and Santiago!
    Just to let you know, we've also opened some topics to posts about advice, tips and help in Chile, so feel free also to post there :) :cool::cool::cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    MoonlitSoul$ likes this.
  3. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Member
    Networker

City:
    Global
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    That's awesome! Thanks a bunch for the heads up. I'll definitely check out those topics and contribute if I can. Cheers!

4. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Great !
    You will find plenty of topics we opened a while ago to provide information threads... and waiting for people like you to help :)
    Check: https://www.easyexpat.com/forums/f/chile/?prefix_id=8

You are still living in Philippines and only on (long?) holidays in Chile, right? Or are you planning to re-settle?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Member
    Networker

City:
    Global
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    I'm thinking of making a move, and South America is where I'm leaning. I've checked out Ecuador, Argentina, and Colombia, and they all had their cool vibes. But man, Chile totally stole my heart. The landscapes are unreal – the Andes, the coastline, it's all mind-blowing. Plus, the people are so friendly, and the food is top-notch. So, I'm seriously considering settling down in Chile and starting a new adventure there.

6. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Great, you should be our Ambassador on the forum :)

7. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Member
    Networker

City:
    Global
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    Wow, that sounds awesome! I'm up for it – let's do this! :)

8. Sarah Wilson

Sarah Wilson Member

City:
    Atlanta
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi Moon,

Seems you had an amazing trip! I've been considering a visit of my own and hearing all about your adventures has gotten me pumped. I think you'd do a great job sharing your insights with others

MoonlitSoul$ likes this.
  9. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Member
    Networker

City:
    Global
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    Thanks a bunch! Chile was unreal - the landscapes, the food, everything! You should totally go for it. Happy to spill all the deets and help you plan your own epic adventure!