Forum Chile

Forum of expats in Chile: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Weekend in Santiago: what to do?

Discussion in 'Chile' started by EasyExpat, Sep 26, 2018.

1. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hello and welcome!

What are your tips to make the most of your weekend in Santiago?
    What are the places to visit, whether alone, as a couple, with friends or with family? Are there any activities, exhibitions, events that you particularly recommend? What are the organised festivals?

To talk more specifically about your experience, what do you do during the weekends in Santiago?
    Share with us your good plans, your habits and desires for outings.

Thank you in advance for your answers and good discussion! :cool::thumbup:

2. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Member
    Networker

City:
    Global
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish and Tagalog
    If you're flying solo, check out the Santa Lucía Hill for some stunning views or take a stroll through the bohemian Lastarria neighborhood.

For couples, a romantic walk in Parque Forestal followed by a visit to the Museum of Fine Arts is a winner.

With friends, hit up Bellavista for its vibrant nightlife and street art scene. La Chascona, Pablo Neruda's house, is pretty cool too.

Now, for family fun, head over to Parque Arauco or KidZania for some quality time with the kiddos.

As for me, on weekends I love exploring the local markets, trying out new restaurants, and catching live music gigs. Gotta keep the good vibes rollin'!

3. Sarah Wilson

Sarah Wilson Member

City:
    Atlanta
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Those are some great suggestions, @MoonlitSoul$ Exploring the neighborhoods you mentioned like Lastarria and Bellavista sounds like a fun way to spend the day. I especially like the idea of checking out the street art scene. Thanks for sharing your typical weekend plans too - hitting the markets and trying new restaurants is always a nice way to experience the local culture. Santiago seems to offer plenty to keep you entertained on weekends.

MoonlitSoul$ likes this.
  4. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Member
    Networker

City:
    Global
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish and Tagalog
    @Sarah Wilson Absolutely! I'm glad you liked my suggestions. Well, there's plenty more to do in Santiago! if you're up for some outdoor adventure, you should definitely check out Cajón del Maipo. It's a beautiful place with stunning landscapes and you can even go hiking or horseback riding there. And if you're a wine lover, a visit to the vineyards in the Maipo Valley is a must. Trust me, the wine tasting experience there is top-notch. ️