Forum United Kingdom

Forum of expats in the United Kingdom: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

  Search the whole website

  User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Want to Get Married in Uk From Us and He French

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ummkhalil22, Jul 21, 2010.

  1. ummkhalil22

    ummkhalil22 New Member

    Jul 20, 2010
    Likes Received:
    Living In:
    American (US)
    Hi, i hope someone could help me
    i am american citizen living in america
    my partner is living in france
    both want to move to uk to live,,( but not yet)
    we want to get married in the uk

    so far this is what the plans are
    go to uk to get married...leave
    he will go back to uk and work and set up residence some months later, then me and my children will join him
    sometime later

    my questions are what are my steps
    i know i have to make an application for permission to come in the uk for marriage purpose
    does he need to do anything being that he is apart of the eu?
    What about the certficate of acceptance? Does this even apply to our situation being that neither one of us will reside in the uk at the time of getting married?
    How long will i have to be in the uk to complete the marriage process? I see something about 14 and 15 days?
    Will i have to reside in uk for 7 days and get an address to get married? Whats that about?
    The final question, is about settle ment...i see fees of 644 a person for a settlement visa, then someone said i didnt have to pay if my husband has moved and settled in the this true?
    Please help..please an out line step b step, cuz i am confused!
  2. Yousafzai

    Yousafzai Addicted member

    Sep 17, 2007
    Likes Received:
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Pakistani (PK)
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    No he doesn't need to do anything since he is an EEA citizen.

    If you get a fiance visa from the US, you will not need to apply for CoA - Certificate of Approval.

    How long depends on where exactly do you want to get married in the UK. You should check the local registrar website to find out how long can it take and other requirements.

    Yes, someone said correct. You will apply for EEA Family Permit and then EEA2 which are free NOT a settlement visa.

    Good luck
Similar Threads Forum Date
✎ EN Getting Married in UK to a Canadian United Kingdom Feb 1, 2024
☛ EN Advice Getting Married in the UK United Kingdom Jun 24, 2013
✎ EN UK citizen, wanting to get married to Ecuadorian in Portugal United Kingdom Feb 28, 2012
✎ FR Recherche coloc entre frenchi United Kingdom Nov 11, 2012
✎ FR Petite frenchi au pair ^^ United Kingdom Jun 9, 2012

Share This Page