Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Volunteering in Spain

Discussion in 'Spain' started by texkourgan, Jun 23, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com!

Volunteering in Spain can be a great way to get to know a new culture and gain new skills. Volunteering can also be a great option for a following spouse that is not allowed to work.

Have you volunteered in Spain? How long was your program? Did you set-up your own trip? How did you find your volunteer job? Is there a website or method you would recommend? Did you have to pay for the experience?

What activities did you do in your volunteer work? What skills/abilities did you learn? Were you able to use that experience to find a job or another opportunity?

Would you do it again? What advice would you give to other people interested in volunteering in Spain?

Thank you for sharing your experience and providing information for others to follow in your footsteps! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bryce_Williams

Bryce_Williams New Member

City:
    OXSPRING
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english
    I also agree that volunteering in Spain is really a great way to know the culture.I did my Volunteering through http://www.theinterngroup.com/madrid/ and in my opinion volunteering is important for numerous reasons that benefit both the community and the volunteer themselves. When someone donates a handful of time, the difference made is tremendous and it shapes a community for the better while the experience improves the person who donated the time.

Volunteering is what makes a community because it brings people together to work on a goal. Whether it is a fundraiser for the research to cure a disease that affects the whole world, or to help a local family who has fallen in a time of calamity, volunteers make it happen.