Forum Denmark

Forum of expats in Denmark: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Venezuelan + German, marriage in Denmark

Discussion in 'Denmark' started by progvan, Dec 27, 2007.

1. progvan

progvan New Member

Hello I'm from Venezuela and me and my fiance are looking forward to get married in Denmark, not only because is way easier (less paper) but also because its quite close to where we're going to live (in Germany).

i have some doubts regarding the process, despite i've read a lot of information from different forums, faq, and Kommune websites.

my doubts are basically about the process here in Venezuela, because i still don't live in the EU and of course i don't have any visa yet.

so.. do I need a marriage visa from the danish embassy? or german embassy? or i just can enter normally as a tourist? (period of 3 months)..

second, do i need to present all the documents they request (birth certificate, divorce decree) after apostille, in the danish or the german embassy? (for official legal translation into german or danish?, i guess should be german, but i'm not sure)

and third, i've read the registration of the marriage has to be made to make it official for the EU community.. my doubt is, this registration is made in the same ceremony or after it, in the same place in Denmark where the marriage was done?, or this can (or has to) be done in Germany where we're going to live ? (Schleswig or Flensburg for example).

and last, after the marriage is done.. of course i have to apply for the residence in Germany.. can this process be done swiftly after i'm already married and living in Germany?.. or do i have to come back and make all the requests from my country of origin? I hope this is not the case, because we're looking forward to get married in Denmark because we don't have enough money to come and go frequently.. and the political situation in my country makes it even more more difficult (we have restricted usage of US Dollars and Euro... not everyone can have them and i have to go through a lot more of paperwork and spending money buying the exact amount govt. give.. of course i don't have that money, and my fiance can't send it without being touched by these communist of govt.)..

we're getting quite desperate because many restriction laws are coming ahead here and will make it more difficult for us to get together.. though we know the strength of our love can tear down any barrier..

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Danke Schön.