Forum United Kingdom

Forum of expats in the United Kingdom: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN USA Biometrics Appointment Info

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Starla8, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Starla8

Starla8 Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,

I wanted to give anyone who is going for their biometrics a heads up. When you receive your confirmation of appointment email, you will need to print out the appointment page. This page contains a bar code that will be scanned when you go for your appointment.

Now, when I went for my appointment, the woman insisted I received this in an email. I told her that I never got an email with a bar code.

When I got home, I re-read the confirmation email and clicked on a link that was used to "change or cancel" the appointment. After I logged in, sure enough, there was the appointment paper with the bar code printed on it.

Make sure you bring this with you when you go!

I was really irritated that it was not clearly stated that you had to click on that link and print out the page with the bar code. I may have to find a way to complain.

Cheers!