Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN US trying to move to UK - Job Questions

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Kerin, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Kerin

Kerin New Member

City:
    Denver
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi all!

I currently live in the US and I'm trying to move to the UK next year. I've done a ton of research on my own and I'm going to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa as my education and experience helps me meet a couple of the role types on the Need Jobs list (I have education as a social worker, experience in nonprofits and fundraising). I've actually reached out to a few locations already and am slowly working towards being able to apply.

That being said, is there anything I should know or that could be helpful to know when applying for jobs with the intention of getting a Skilled Worker visa? (I know that I need to be making a certain yearly/hourly amount and I'm applying to organizations who have previously hired others with the Skilled Worker visa). According to what I've read, I need to have a job offer and a sponsorship (it seems people are usually sponsored by the organizations offering them a job), so I just want to make sure I'm doing the best job I can and taking all necessary steps. I don't want to waste my time or theirs by applying to jobs without all the proper materials/information.

Thank you!

Nicholas Gunter likes this.
  2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Ho @Kerin and welcome to EasyExpat.com
    The sponsorship usually goes with the job offer indeed (I've never heard of another way).