Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN UK Settlement VISA (for a Malaysian)

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by kaiyora, Jan 8, 2008.

1. kaiyora

kaiyora New Member

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody who had experience with a UK Spouse/Settlement VISA could tell me if what I have listed below is enough for a "straightforward" application (as they put it) as I'm so nervous about it I can hardly sleep.

Me:
    - Application form
    - One past and one current passport (NB. I'm Malaysian)
    - Certified true by Malaysian Embassy Birth Certificate
    - UK Marriage Certificate (original)
    - Malaysian Marriage Certificate (Originals)
    - Photos/Telephone Bills/Emails/Cards addressed to the both of us and from one another/Tickets to trips we took together
    - 3 mths bank statements from 2 different accounts
    - Joint account bank statement (3 mths)
    - Payslips for 10 mths (but not current as I stopped working June 2007) + P60
    - UK Degree
    - Money (it's SO expensive)

Husband (who's "Present and Settled")
    - 3 mths bank statements from all his accounts (fixed deposits/ISAs/current accounts)
    - Notarised by Notary Public passport
    - 3mths payslips (my husband hasn't worked through the financial year yet so no P60)
    - statement about how and when we met, the relationship and that he supports the application

Other
    - Notarised by Notary Public deed to the apartment we stay in, plus the landowner's statement that the property is for our sole use
    - Statement from a friend about how and when we met
    - 3 mths utility bills
    - 1 years bank statements from ME and HUSBAND to show we've been living together for at least a year before the marriage
    - Vet bills
    - Plans for the reception, receipts for the wedding rings etc.

I'm currently living in the UK (and have been for over 4 years now) and was married November 2007. But I have to go back soon and I'm so nervous (seems I said that before)!

Please feel free to point out anything that I'm missing here. I only get one chance at this (I can't afford anymore).

Also, is a Notary Public enough or do I have to go to the Foreign Commonwealth office as well?