Forum Travel

Forum of expats Travel: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Travel tips for Barcelona

Discussion in 'Travel' started by RCG, Apr 17, 2011.

1. RCG

RCG New Member

Living In:
    Argentina
    Nationality:
    Argentine (AR)
    Languages:
    ESPAÑOL
    Teber good contribution to consider when visiting Barcelona is ideal for a well known places to visit or which are most important.
    I always like to find information on lodging and luagres of every city I visit.
    Regarding accommodation, I found one called b&b barcelone, which I recommend for its personalized service, comfortable rooms and the best location in town.

2. Aaron_Carter

Aaron_Carter New Member

Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello,
    Well, Barcelona could be very inspire and unique place no matter which part of the city you are going to visit. The most important factor is the accommodation, so its obligatory to look for cheap flats Barcelona in most of the cases, especially during the summer season. Anyway, all other things like: transportation, places to visit are perfect.

Regards, Aaron

3. georgecombey

georgecombey Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,

Thank you for sharing very useful travel tips to Barcelona.

4. mas24546

mas24546 New Member

City:
    Wattala
    Living In:
    Sri Lanka
    Nationality:
    Sri lankan (LK)
    Languages:
    English
    Never i knew about this city before watching football matches. A great football city to visit. Any places of attraction?

5. abo28

abo28 New Member

Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    hi, Follow these easy tips to get a little more out of your Barcelona vacation. These tips will save you time and money and show you things you might not have seen otherwise.
    1. Keep Your Eye on Your Wallet
    Starting off with a serious one - be extra vigilant with your personal belongings, particularly on the Ramblas and on the beach. Pickpockets are common in Barcelona. Wear a moneybelt or keep your hand on your wallet or purse at all times and you should be fine - don't let the risk of being robbed stop you from enjoying your time in Barcelona!
    2. Get Your Barcelona Card in Advance
    The Barcelona Card, a discount card that can get you into a number of sights at a lower price, can be bought at a number of places all over the Barcelona, but the fact it gets you free public transport from the airport means it makes sense to get your card before you arrive in Barcelona.
    3. Go up the Columbus Monument
    Barcelona has a number of famous views. There are its two mountains (Montjuic and Tibidabo), La Sagrada Familia, the Cathedral and many more. But for me, the best views are from the top of the Columbus monument. Situated at the bottom of the Ramblas, you are right among the best Barcelona has to offer. It is also cheaper to get into than most of Barcelona's sights.
    4. Share a Ten-Trip Metro Ticket
    If you don't get the Barcelona Card (see above), make sure you get a ten-trip metro ticket. Each journey is nearly 50% of the standard fare and the ticket can be shared between as many people as you want. The ticket is also valid on the buses.
    8. Fly to Barcelona, not Reus or Girona
    How many airports do you have to choose from when visiting Barcelona? Only one, really - Barcelona International Airport. But that doesn't stop some airlines (well, Ryanair) from advertising Girona and Reus airports as 'Barcelona' airports.
    6. Don't Get Ripped off on Boqueria Juices!
    Every visitor to Barcelona takes a trip to the Bocqueria and are keen to buy something from Barcelona's most famous market - but fear of the weird and wonderful cuts of meat (meat of what? non-Spanish speakers ask) or simply a lack of cooking facilities means most people just buy one of the freshly squeezed fruit juices. So here's a simple tip for you - the stalls as you enter the market from the Ramblas charge two euros for a glass of juice, but the markets just ten meters to your right charge only one! OK, it's just one euro, but I'm always pretty annoyed when I think I've paid double what I should have paid for something.
    And i feel before more to Barcelona definitely they would follow these tips...

6. mirsha2012

mirsha2012 New Member

Living In:
    Andorra
    Nationality:
    Bahamian (BS)
    Languages:
    english
    Yeah. You're going to find that space in Europe is much smaller than you are used to in the US. In general. that's true of homes, and apartments and hotel rooms.

If you're just staying there one night before leaving on a cruise, you should stay near the cruise port...

7. Jeremy03

Jeremy03 New Member

City:
    NY, New York
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hey guys, I'm in Barcelona right now and its AMAZING. The streets are full of history and the squares and plazas are crawling with beautiful, energetic people. I actually found a great place to stay that's pretty cheap and literally in the perfect location- a 10 minute walk from the beach, 3 minute walk from the metro, 15 minute walk from the gothic portion of the city, and 15 minute walk to plaza Catalunya...the main city square. Let me know if you want to know more about anything including great places to visit- I'm here for 3 months so I'm starting to know all the good "secret spots"!!

8. Jack03

Jack03 New Member

City:
    NY
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    i strongly feel these tips will save you time and money and show you things you might not have seen otherwise.
    1. Keep Your Eye on Your Wallet
    Starting off with a serious one - be extra vigilant with your personal belongings, particularly on the Ramblas and on the beach. Pickpockets are common in Barcelona. Wear a moneybelt or keep your hand on your wallet or purse at all times and you should be fine - don't let the risk of being robbed stop you from enjoying your time in Barcelona!

2. Get Your Barcelona Card in Advance
    The Barcelona Card, a discount card that can get you into a number of sights at a lower price, can be bought at a number of places all over the Barcelona, but the fact it gets you free public transport from the airport means it makes sense to get your card before you arrive in Barcelona.

3. Go up the Columbus Monument
    Barcelona has a number of famous views. There are its two mountains (Montjuic and Tibidabo), La Sagrada Familia, the Cathedral and many more. But for me, the best views are from the top of the Columbus monument. Situated at the bottom of the Ramblas, you are right among the best Barcelona has to offer. It is also cheaper to get into than most of Barcelona's sights.

4. Share a Ten-Trip Metro Ticket
    If you don't get the Barcelona Card (see above), make sure you get a ten-trip metro ticket. Each journey is nearly 50% of the standard fare and the ticket can be shared between as many people as you want. The ticket is also valid on the buses and even on the train from the airport.

5. Go to Figueres, Do the Tour
    The best day trip from Barcelona for art lovers is to Figueres, a small town of little consequence other than the fact it was the birthplace of Salvador Dali and is now host to a fabulous museum in his honor.

9. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...