Forum India

Forum of expats in India: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice The Best Areas to Live in India

Discussion in 'India' started by texkourgan, Jun 24, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    It can be difficult to find the best place to live in a new city. This is even more difficult for an expat who is not familiar with the country and culture. So where is the best place to live in India?

What do you look for in a neighborhood? What do different neighborhoods offer? What area would you recommend based on:
    - Schools
    - Transportation
    - Access to shops and groceries
    - Nightlife and Activities

Where do you live? What do you like about it? Are there any dangerous areas? Are some areas more affordable?

Thank you in advance for your contribution. This is a very common question for expats moving to India and your help is much appreciated. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. indiainfo

indiainfo Member

Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English
    It's very difficult to survive in different places other than their neighbourhood, so choose the place to of your neighbourhood and nearer to
    1. schools
    2. shops and groceries
    3.Transportation

3. Rohit999

Rohit999 New Member

City:
    Mumbai
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Hindi, Sindhi
    Hi, according to me, areas to be looked at while living in India are places where there is the least noise and air pollution. Even avoiding traffic pollution should be considered. Should live in places with open space, unlike the cities / metros in India that are over crowded with people. You can contact a company called BelWether Group (https://www.belwethergroup.com/services ... elocation/), they comfortably relocate their expats to the best possible places across India, UK and Dubai. They also provide city orientation and tenancy management services. Good luck, and have a comfortable stay in India!

4. Pratap Singh

Pratap Singh New Member

City:
    Jaipur
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English
    If you ask me, I would suggest Mumbai. The city is very open in comparison to carte ridden societies of other Indian cities..

5. Joannrbroyles

Joannrbroyles Member

City:
    Toronto
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    When I went to India, I visited a state called Kerala. It's in southern India and it's a beautiful place with clean and peaceful atmosphere. Actually Kerala is known as God's own country :)

Kumar Rahul likes this.