Forum Japan

Forum of expats in Japan: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Summer Placements for Native English in Japan

Discussion in 'Japan' started by edm202, Jan 23, 2010.

1. edm202

edm202 New Member

City:
    Volgograd, Russia
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone will be able to offer me any advice. I am a British national, living at the moment in the Russian Federation, and I am considering a summer job anywhere in Japan. I have a TEFL online certificate (60 hours) and I have teaching experience of children aged 11-16. I am fluent in English and French, competent in Russian and have a very basic understanding of Japanese (I completed level 1 with distinction, but it has been a few years since then). I am very, very willing to continue learning Japanese.

Ideally I am looking for a tutoring placement - either adults or children, and preferably English language. I am happy, however, to offer French or Russian tuition. Does anyone know the best way to go about looking for a placement such as this? All my internet searches are turning up full-time jobs, with a minimum of 6 month commitment. I am a university student, so I can only offer the summer.

Any advice will be much appreciated

thanks/merci/spasibo/domo arigato